Venice - Sunday 7/25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was nice meeting everybody today at Venice for the dive and lunch.. I forgot the young fellows name that found the nice serrated tooth - I'm envious of your find.. :wink: Maybe dive4funoften could pass along the message since I don't think he's a ScubaBoard member..

Walter, sorry I didn't get the chance to follow one of the "Venice beach shark tooth masters" around for longer to see how it's done.. :wink:

I had a good day as it was the first time I found a "batch" of teeth versus only one or two.. (final count was 26 with 3 partial megs, not including the few I gave away) Also added a few shells to the collection..

Tide question.. Which way does the tide go left-to-right or right-to-left in relation to incoming or outgoing tide.. ie: If high tide was at 2:30, and now it's 3 and the tide is "dropping", should the flow along the Venice beach be going northbound or southbound? What I'm thinking is I'd park the car at Alhambra and get a ride down to Caspersen - then basically drift dive past Sharky's pier back to Alhambra.. Or the other way around...

Made the 3 hr drive, did a 3.5 hr dive, and lost my bag of teeth on the way in. Had 1 meg,2 pcs, and a mess of little teeth. Might be an easy way for someone to get their first meg !!! LOL. All in all, a good day. Best vis I have ever seen there ( 10 ' ? ) Lots of fish life out on the small reef. Nice way to kill a Sun. afternoon.

bdrannik:
It's Sunday! Wake up! Wake up! You have to get to Alhambra!! Don't forget yer' gear... :wink:

What gear? I did not see you with any gear underwater?

dutchfin:
Made the 3 hr drive, did a 3.5 hr dive, and lost my bag of teeth on the way in. Had 1 meg,2 pcs, and a mess of little teeth. Might be an easy way for someone to get their first meg !!! LOL. All in all, a good day. Best vis I have ever seen there ( 10 ' ? ) Lots of fish life out on the small reef. Nice way to kill a Sun. afternoon.

I did not see you there. We must have passed each other. Next time!

Sorry about your bag. That is real sad.

bdrannik:
It was nice meeting everybody today at Venice for the dive and lunch.. I forgot the young fellows name that found the nice serrated tooth - I'm envious of your find.. :wink: Maybe dive4funoften could pass along the message since I don't think he's a ScubaBoard member..

Walter, sorry I didn't get the chance to follow one of the "Venice beach shark tooth masters" around for longer to see how it's done.. :wink:

I had a good day as it was the first time I found a "batch" of teeth versus only one or two.. (final count was 26 with 3 partial megs, not including the few I gave away) Also added a few shells to the collection..

Tide question.. Which way does the tide go left-to-right or right-to-left in relation to incoming or outgoing tide.. ie: If high tide was at 2:30, and now it's 3 and the tide is "dropping", should the flow along the Venice beach be going northbound or southbound? What I'm thinking is I'd park the car at Alhambra and get a ride down to Caspersen - then basically drift dive past Sharky's pier back to Alhambra.. Or the other way around...

Taylor is the kid with the awesome hemipreistes! I am so happy that he got it! He was so excited.

It was great to dive with you.

I will email everyone your post!

Sounds like you all had another great day at VB. I'm glad the Viz and weather cooperated for you all.

I woke up about 8:30 and was still really tired and I just couldn't talk myself into packing up all the gear in the Jeep. I also thought far enough ahead that I would then later have to clean it all. That kind of made the decision for me. Oh well I'll catch up with you all next time. Ann where is a good place to dive near you? I guess it's our turn to make a trip to your neck of the woods.

Dutchfin, sorry for your loss :frown:

Wildbill:cop_2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom