venice shark tooth diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amyandbrodie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi again.

and thanks in advance (AGAIN) for your help.
My wife and I will be in Sarasota area in April.
We would really enjoy searching for (and hopefully finding) some shark's teeth.
Having NEVER been to your fine state, I am looking for some guidance. And if anybody ever needs any backcountry/wilderness info on Colorado, I'm your guy.
With all that said, not knowing the area it's always easier to book a dive with a charter. So I tried Florida Scuba Schools and they're all booked up the days we will be there. Now, are there other reputable charters I could contact? Or am I being a total goof by even going with a charter? Should we just shore dive and hope to find the right area? Any local clubs that we might be able to hitch a tour with?
We're open to any suggestions and are really looking forward to this.
thanks!

oh yeah, I've also read of some controversy regarding beach sand replenishment projects.....

what's the current word on this? has this destroyed the fossil beds? or did it make them more visible/productive?

When will you be down?

Fossils are still being found after they destroyed the reef.

Ooo... the water might be warmer than 60's by then... I'm game for diving up there again if thats the case.. I miss my tooth dives!! Ya might get 2 guides!!

It was 59 last weekend, and I was thinking "This is almost shorty temps for Colin".

CBulla:
Ooo... the water might be warmer than 60's by then... I'm game for diving up there again if thats the case.. I miss my tooth dives!! Ya might get 2 guides!!

I recently purchased some sweet shark tooth necklaces on e-bay. The artist says he does his own diving, maybe he will turn you on to something?
sharksteethofvenice is the vendor from Nokomis, FL.

search chilean shark tooth

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom