venice shark tooth diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It really is. They enjoy it a lot, and have made many friends (not to mention keeping in great shape).

It works out good with practice as Nicole and I drop them off and get our Gym time in while they're practicing.

It just means my dive time is limited to Sundays from now through the end of July.

digitaligloo:
A buddy and I will be arriving sometime on Saturday morning, and are hoping to hit up a shore dive sometime Saturday afternoon, we're also booked with Florida West Scuba on Sunday morning. Anyone have the recent conditions? Anyone planning to go out on Saturday?
My wife and I were visiting from RI last week. We dove with Florida West on Saturday 2/25. I can't say enough good things about their operation. We were hoping to come with one nice 3" or better tooth. Well, we ended up with 8 complete Megs from 2 1/2 to 4" complete and a whopper 5 1/2" with a broken tip. They are great people. Good luck!

Florida West is definately a class act. You won't go wrong with them.

sean22:
My wife and I were visiting from RI last week. We dove with Florida West on Saturday 2/25. I can't say enough good things about their operation. We were hoping to come with one nice 3" or better tooth. Well, we ended up with 8 complete Megs from 2 1/2 to 4" complete and a whopper 5 1/2" with a broken tip. They are great people. Good luck!

Congratulations on your find!

Walter:
Congratulations on your find!
Thank you Walter. I had no idea we would do that well. We just used the same principal that we use up here in New England when we dive for bottles and Shipwreck artifacts. In this case we swam until we started seeing the sand channels that exposed the underlying mud layer, then we worked our way up and down the channel.
Of course Captain Steve said that they had not been out in a month and the bottom had been quite stirred up so maybe that exposed alot more than normal? Also we had visibility of about 10' which also helped alot. Anyway we are quite happy and wil be back!

10' vis is good for up there! You also employed a technique that I also use (another is to fan out a giant hole) and have had success with. What was your water temp like?

CBulla:
10' vis is good for up there! You also employed a technique that I also use (another is to fan out a giant hole) and have had success with. What was your water temp like?
I know, I was hoping we would have at least 3' so when we got to the bottom and saw how good it was, I got excited. The water temp was 61 degrees. Coming from Rhode Island, that is what we see here by mid june.

sean22:

Very Nice! - Thanks for sharing your trip summary

sean22:
I know, I was hoping we would have at least 3' so when we got to the bottom and saw how good it was, I got excited. The water temp was 61 degrees. Coming from Rhode Island, that is what we see here by mid june.

Awesome dude! Thanks for sharing!! About 9 or 10 more degrees and I dont worry about a wetsuit anymore... Post some pictures when you get an opportunity :)

CBulla:
Awesome dude! Thanks for sharing!! About 9 or 10 more degrees and I dont worry about a wetsuit anymore... Post some pictures when you get an opportunity :)
I will!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom