Venice Beach visibility 10 - 15 ft

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a grand time diving with Jay & Kim from Colorado! We didn't find many teeth, but we did find a few. Surf wasn't all that bad, but viz was on the low end - milky water with viz near the surface about 1 ft dropping to about 4 - 6 inches at the bottom with spots of zero viz.

Matteo:
No Fish-first off, welcome from Norcross....I'm a Lilburn boy originally myself...secondly, I just got home from Venice and conditions were pretty tough....vis ranged from 2 ft to 0 ft...fairly strong surge, but a few lonely teeth were found....good time in spite of conditions....let me know if you're ever down this way again and want to dive w/ a fellow Georgia boy

thanks - I figured the conditions would be cruddy today. See ya next time.

Walter:
I had a grand time diving with Jay & Kim from Colorado! We didn't find many teeth, but we did find a few. Surf wasn't all that bad, but viz was on the low end - milky water with viz near the surface about 1 ft dropping to about 4 - 6 inches at the bottom with spots of zero viz.

yeah that was some real diving today :D but it was nice to meet you Walter we will have to do it again sometime

Walter:
milky water with viz near the surface about 1 ft dropping to about 4 - 6 inches at the bottom with spots of zero viz.

I think you reversed that. More like 0' vis with spots of 4-6 inches. Lets not forget the wonderful swell either. Entering through surf wasn't bad, coming out, well lets just say I cleaned about 3 pounds of sand out of my gear today when I got home. However, It was a great time. I figure if I can dive those conditions I can dive anywhere. I also must brag that I have raised my record from 1 tooth to 3 teeth, Whooooho.

BTW, When I cleaned my sons BC (he bailed out of the dive after just getting in through the surf) Among all the sand I cleaned out of his BC I found 2 small teeth, How bout that!

Walter It was great to dive with you again - even if I couldn't actually see you, and it was nice to meet Skink, Kray_Z, and Reefguy.

I had a great time as well. After tossing all the rocks I threw in my bag, I ended up with 4 fairly nice teeth. It was great meeting everyone and hopefully we can get together again soon.
N@rco$i$, my wife hasn't stopped talking about Seeker all day.

once again thanks for the ride skink.. had a good time and it was nice meeting you. hope to do it again sometime :) ill post a new thread soon about weeki wachee and let you know when im heading out and maybe we can meet up there and get some dives in...

Goes all the way to the bottom, right Walter ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom