Venice Beach Bash - June 2, 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bad news, Mike and I will not be able to make it after all. I had a garage accident with a scuba cylinder last night, beach diving is NOT part of the therapy. :(

View attachment 125509 View attachment 125510

But as accepting Meg fossils, as part of my mental recovery process.

Please allow some other divers to take our spots on the Big Flat Top 9 am trip.

See ya on the flip side!

Sorry about your injury Joyster! Was looking forward to seeing you guys again. I understand your pain though, broke my foot/sprained my ankle in Nov and was in one of those boots for 3 months! :( boooo. Get well soon!!!

Sorry about your injury Joyster! Was looking forward to seeing you guys again. I understand your pain though, broke my foot/sprained my ankle in Nov and was in one of those boots for 3 months! :( boooo. Get well soon!!!

3 MONTHS!!!!! Say it isn't so! There goes my summer and any hopes of diving.

Still trying to figure out if it's even possible to join you all, even if it means just plopping myself under a shade tent. But don't know about walking over the sand. Anybody have a wheelbarrow to roll my @azz out there?

Today's Coastal Report For Saturday as of 9am :

[FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]SATURDAY
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]NORTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 FEET. BAY AND INLAND WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]SATURDAY NIGHT
[FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]NORTHWEST WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET. BAY AND INLAND WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.[/FONT][/FONT]

I stayed behind rather than go to my orphanage in Haiti, so I will be there!!! Can't wait to meet folks!

Any room on a 9am or 11am boat would be great! Don't have any buddies (wife says its my attitude).

Okay, change of plans, again!

Rebooked our luxury suite at the NoTell Motel Six for Friday night. Playing hookey tomorrow to head on over. I'll be the one hobbling across the sand on crutches, so please no tripping! :no: Which leaves Mikey on his own for slepping our stuff from the car to the beach. Would greatly appreciate it if somebody could give him a hand with the shade canopy, that's rather heavy for one person to carry, and impossible to set up all alone.

Really looking forward to seeing you all, can't ya tell? :crafty:

Rebooked our luxury suite at the NoTell Motel Six for Friday night. Playing hookey tomorrow to head on over. I'll be the one hobbling across the sand on crutches, so please no tripping! :no: Which leaves Mikey on his own for slepping our stuff from the car to the beach. Would greatly appreciate it if somebody could give him a hand with the shade canopy, that's rather heavy for one person to carry, and impossible to set up all alone.

I'd offer to carry you down to the beach, but Krista and I must cancel for this weekend. Something came up

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

KBeck and CoolTech are off the roster for the weekend

Now, what can I do with all this caramel corn?

Does he want to dive? Let me know which boat. Thanks

---------- Post added ----------

Aristakat
8:00 am
Cardzard +1
Roxanne
Brewone0to
Rick
sharktoothcrazy

9:30 am
COWSskateGOOD
DivingSiren
J Dodd+2 Guest
divindiva

Big Flat Top
9:00 am
Heath Sapp + 1
David Lewis + 1

10:15 am
JahJahWarrior
Carmen
MontanaFL
Scorpio2012

11:30 am

Man Overboard Charters

8:30 AM
Ocean bound
fossilbabe +1
fisheyview

11:00 AM
Klinc +1
diveanimal
ehamill

MontanaFL/Scorpio2012/Kenny - Cabana, bucket water, watermelon, cookies
ROXANNE/cardzard - cooler with drinks, cabana and sandwiches
Brewone0to/Shelli - chicken, chips, and a cooler with water
sharktoothcrazy- munchies,table
Oceanbound- bakedbeans,sausage
divindiva-muffins
DivingSiren-fruit and snacks.
Klinc- 10 x 10 tent tables sandwhiches
Diveanimal- potato salad
jldodd- chocolate chip cookies

Directions to the beach:

From the north:
Head to Venice on I-75. Get off at exit 193 and turn right onto Jacaranda Blvd. Turn right on Venice Ave (CVS at the corner). Stay on Venice Ave until after you've crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge - Harbor Drive S. Turn right at the 5th street down - Alhambra Road. Follow to the end of the road.

From the south:
Head to Venice on I-75. Get off at exit 193 and turn left onto Jacaranda Blvd. Turn right on Venice Ave (CVS at the corner). Stay on Venice Ave until after you've crossed the bridge to the downtown area. Turn left at the second light after the bridge - Harbor Drive S. Turn right at the 5th street down - Alhambra Road. Follow to the end of the road.

If you wish to use your GPS, the address for the condo at the of Alhambra Road is 633 Alhambra Road, Venice, FL 34285.

Park on the street as close to the dead end as possible and without blocking access to the beach from the road. Most of us will be carrying all of our gear to the beach and will need easy access without having to walk around vehicles. Be careful not
nonononono.gif
to block the driveway to the condo or to the homes along the street. Also when parking, park along the street in the direction of travel for the side you park. Failure to do so may and could result in a ticket.

Should you need any other information, please do not hesitate to ask.

I'd offer to carry you down to the beach, but Krista and I must cancel for this weekend. Something came up

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

KBeck and CoolTech are off the roster for the weekend

Now, what can I do with all this caramel corn?

Bummer! :( Was really looking forward to spending time with you guys. Seems like it's been forever since we've seen you.

---------- Post added ----------

Thanks Fossilbabe!

But Mikey is taking it easy this weekend. Or not, waiting on me, hand and FOOT...

SATURDAY
WEST WINDS AROUND 15 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 4 FEET. BAY AND
INLAND WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS.
Not looking very good so far this is afternoon report.... Vis not going to be very good as well with all the west winds. 70% chance of rain here for Friday not good as well// 40% on Sat sorry to pass on this info just wanted all to be well informed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom