Venice Beach Bash 2010 June 12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reminder to everybody, and especially the later arrivals to this thead (and those who may not have read the previous 20+ pages)

PARKING: The dive fest is at the end of Alhambra Street. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/4011590-post1.html This is a dead end. However, there is a condo, and the residents insist that we keep their driveway open. PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK THE CONDO's Driveway.

BOATS: Aristakat and Big Flat Top are volunteering their services in appreciation to all the SB members who have used them in the past. Dives are scheduled so both boats won't be loading/unloading divers at the same time. Please be ready to go at the appointed time. Dives are one tank, one hour. Also, there will a tip jar to show OUR appreciation for their time, gas, etc.

FOOD: KBeck has offered to provide sandwich rings in leiu of a bunch of us bringing food. This worked really well last year. Yes, there will be a tip jar for your contibutions.

CLEANUP: As will all good parties, there will be a big mess. We are asking that you clean up your area and help with others cleaning up so that we leave the beach in the same or better condition that what we found it in the morning. This year we are trying to be even more environmentally sensitive and RECYCLE!!!

OTHER: Boaters are notorious for coming very close to dive flags. Please be extra viligant when surfacing and make sure you stay close to the flag in your party.
Shore diving will be an ongoing event with multiple groups going out at various times. If you need a buddy, just ask! Everybody in the past has been very accomadating of new divers/beach divers and even those wet rock divers! :D

One last thing... have fun and let's stay safe!!! Weather is looking to be stellar! See ya'll on Saturday!

Reminder to everybody, and especially the later arrivals to this thead (and those who may not have read the previous 20+ pages)

PARKING: The dive fest is at the end of Alhambra Street. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/4011590-post1.html This is a dead end. However, there is a condo, and the residents insist that we keep their driveway open. PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK THE CONDO's Driveway.

CLEANUP: As will all good parties, there will be a big mess. We are asking that you clean up your area and help with others cleaning up so that we leave the beach in the same or better condition that what we found it in the morning. This year we are trying to be even more environmentally sensitive and RECYCLE!!!

OTHER: Boaters are notorious for coming very close to dive flags. Please be extra viligant when surfacing and make sure you stay close to the flag in your party.

Great info there; thanks for refreshing!

Shore diving will be an ongoing event with multiple groups going out at various times. If you need a buddy, just ask! Everybody in the past has been very accomodating of new divers/beach divers and even those wet rock divers! :D

Great point; I imagine every level of diver will be there--from Venice "experts" to first timers--if you need tips, there will be plenty of people to ask. If you need buddies, just ask!

I understand there will be sandwich rings and donations accepted for those-
You need the Dive Club at UCF to bring any drinks? Plates? Et cetera? We would be more than happy to contribute whatever.

Krista & Jim; tables; tent, 7 sandwich rings
Jenny & HermitCrab; Carmal Corn, Water. Birthday cake?
MontanaFL & Scorpion2012; Mur (just ask ) and juice; cabana, chairs
reef Haven+1; a cooler full of ice and drinks, some snacks and cash
mselaneous, NetDoc, rgiles; paper goods: plates, cups, napkins, trashbags
Cardzard, Roxanne & Dive Club; cooler full of sodas, waters and juices for the kids, 2 gal. of ice tea, Table & lg cabana.
Brewone0to+1;
ScubaBill1955 + 1;
CMOST;
Walter + Dive Club;
Joystershell & MegaMikey; 5 Chairs and Cabana, Fresh Fruit Salad, Cash
Paul & Camille;Whatever is lacking, or cash
Fossilbabe & Chase; Shark tooth necklaces
Evil Scooter Kitty & Skruffy; sliced oranges
DixieDolphin; Homemade rum cake or some other sort of cookies/sweet/etc
safyrewulfie & cub; chips and salsa, tables

This is the most recent post on food. Please copy and add what you would like to bring.
Oh, NO ALCOHOL!

Jenny, You can take my and Chase name off the Big Flat Top boat. We dont count so that will open up more places for divers on that spot. I would hate to see divers that would like to dive and cant because we are on the list. Sorry I didnt see this sooner! (I'm bad) That should make it so three more divers can go!!!!! Awesome!!!!!

Forecast from Noaa is
Saturday: Scattered showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 87. South southeast wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

We are going to have a blast!!!!

Jenny and Joyster, I will be sending back with the a diver some Antibacterial hand towelettes. This way everyone can keep the bacteria off their hands before they eat. :wink:

Jenny and Joyster, I will be sending back with the a diver some Antibacterial hand towelettes. This way everyone can keep the bacteria off their hands before they eat. :wink:

Thanks! And, I already had thrown in a bottle of Cal Stat Plus, an antiseptic handrub, from the hospital.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom