Venice - $168 fine for no flag..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lal7176:
You sure about that?
As sure as my name. Didn't you read the rest of my post? I submit to you that to be anti anything, a person must first believe that what they oppose is wrong; i.e. the exhiled cubans are anti-Castro; the U.S. was anti-soviet; Al Qaeda is anti-American. Then, the person must act in accordance with their beliefs. If you don't agree with me, that's fine, but that's why I see myself as not being anti-cop, but anti-injustice.

lal7176:
Rondawg-No matter what you do or say there will always be arm chair quarterbacks that were not there or "walk the walk" but have all of the solutions.
Let me reply to this by reminding you that every coin has two sides, and we often mock what we don't know. Haven't you ever heard of people looking to a third party for advise, or perhaps stepping back to look at things from a different angle????? The paradox of the "arm chair quarterbacks" has always been, and will always be a part of our society. We either accept it, or we don't, but who are we to criticize it?

Wendy,

Step back and realize what you're dealing with. This guy goes thru life with "everyone is a piece of sh*t until proven otherwise" attitude.

Imagine being that unhappy and miserable. Imagine what it takes to become his friend!

You gals/guys put your butt on the line every day so that he/we can live safely. Most of us appreciate what you do (except when we get a speeding ticket!!!). Don't let his warped view of mankind taint the good work that you do.

Wendy:
How dare you judge me and group me with people that break the law. I do not speed, do drugs, or break any laws! SInce you think its fine to judge people you don't know and know nothing about, then I guess you won't be offended if I group you with the rest of the jerks on this board, afterall you judged me unfairly.

OK.. now, can anyone tell me what this thread was originally about? Also, how many have shore dive experience AT Venice Beach FL with more than one dive one day there?

detroit diver:
This guy goes thru life with "everyone is a piece of sh*t until proven otherwise" attitude.
Funny how you put that, but isn't the attitude in our country today "guilty until proven innocent," rather than "innocent until proven guilty, as provided by our constitution?" And who's attitude is that??????

detroit diver:
Imagine being that unhappy and miserable. Imagine what it takes to become his friend!
Unhappy and miserable....wow, that's some conclusion. That I'm zealous about what I believe, I'll be the first one to admit it. But, in retrospect, I think the words of B.J. Thomas best sum up my general attitude in life..."God you know that all I need is food and a place to stay, and a little sunshine everyday." If I have those three, I'm happy. Add to that a loving wife and three wonderful kids, and you may just try and get an idea of my level of happiness. How quickly we lose sight of the tree because of the forest!!! BTW, how many of my friends would you like to meet? In fact, come down to So. Fla., and I'll be happy to introduce you to them; we can all get a few dives in.

CBulla:
OK.. now, can anyone tell me what this thread was originally about? Also, how many have shore dive experience AT Venice Beach FL with more than one dive one day there?
It had something to do with two divers being ticketed for diving without a dive flag, and how unfair is the enforcement of laws against divers as opposed to boaters... yes, I seem to recall it had to do with something like that!!!! :D

CBulla:
Wait... since when do you actually have to have "knowledge" or "experience" to post on SB???

:rofl: I wasn't asking for experience to post on SB, just wanting to see who has dive time there besides those on this thread I have already had the opportunity to dive with.

OneBrightGator:
Wait... since when do you actually have to have "knowledge" or "experience" to post on SB???

What a relevant question! I think it should be posted on the banner page.

Hey Colin,

Brian and I had a fantastic dive at Venice this past weekend. We both had dive flags! And then again on Sunday I dived there, saw a huge flounder. I didn't carry a flag, I let PurduePete haul it out and back. Didn't have a problem with neither cops nor boaters.

Joe

Thats awesome Joe! Thats great to see a big flounder up there, I've seen a whole slew of smaller ones but none that are bigger than my hand. I think there is a resident sting ray there as well.. about 3' nose to tail usually found nearer the reef.

For those following this thread, I'm not saying VB is a bad place to dive... I've had some absolutely beautiful dives there where not 1 boat came by during any of my dive time. I've had others where..well, ya'll can search out the posts... :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom