Venice - $168 fine for no flag..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bdrannik:
Umm... Wow.. I never expected my little "informational tidbit" of a post would turn into such a fiasco..

Information was great and I'm quite sure some of us learned a few things from it. Will it change anything, I doubt it. A few divers have already paid the ultimate price and the enforcement of the laws still leave a lot to be desired.

Maybe someone could start a legal thread, we could all put our names and addresses on it. Print it off and send it to all the appropriate agencies. That could be a start.

Dive Safely

Joe

Ohhh... I don't think it crashed and burned. In fact I think that quite a few people came away with a different respect and attitude towards each other. Criticism is tough for many to take, especially if they don't know the source. Sometimes it has a grain of truth and sometimes it is spot on. Sometimes the criticizer also learns something (as I think the case here) and sometimes the viewers learn something, as I surely have.

Personally, I read and try to apply every piece of criticism that comes my way. This can be voluminous and quite harsh at times. Do I get upset? Of course I do, and I have even learned to go ahead and express that as I feel it. No need to keep it in. Am I a better sysadmin because of it? Undoubtedly! There are many on this board who are far more qualified to run than I am. I'm OK with that. Are there many untruths told about me and this board? Yep, and I am not afraid to stand up and say so when they print it out.

Criticism is NOT bashing. Bashing is referring to them using expletives all of the time, or continually making inflammatory statements about their birth origins. Saying a particular agency is not doing their job is not bashing that agency. Saying that their priorities need to change is also not bashing. You may not like that others have a negative opinion of a particular agency, but railing against them will probably not change their outlook. Some have taken the time to point out some incredible deficiencies that we have placed upon their job. That was an eye-opener.

Both sides got really close and probably put their toes over "the line" a time or two. The crack about the donut shops was low and definitely stereotypical, but it was not far enough over the line to censor especially since those who were "pro-police" (I am one of them) quickly showed them the error of their ways. That was probably the biggest flame that I saw, and when you put it into perspective of the whole thread, it wasn't much of a flame, now was it? While we want to eliminate flaming as much as possible, we do not want to eliminate all controversy! That would make ScubaBoard pathetic and not very relevant.

I couldn't agree more Pete. Very well put!!! Have you considered running for office? :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom