Venice - $168 fine for no flag..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy has PMed me to say that the Solo Diving forum was not the issue either. I have no clue then what her issues are and do not wish to speculate.

wendy, i was up there a few weeks after that happened and I was told by
a gal in the LDS that she was diving solo and she did not have a BC just a
tank harness, I believe she said the woman probably panicked over something
(no one will ever know) but this woman also said her weight belt was still on,
her death was a ruled a drowning. All of this is hearsay but it was from a local dive operator.

Kevin

You know what, I don't dive with a dive flag unless I feel the need to, here it's not required by law and I can't remember any accidents due to lack of dive flags in the water, probably there have been accidents, but they don't get reported by the media so it must be minimal. 90% of accidents here are due to PWC colliding with each others and PWC operators colliding with a bridge.

Here you have to have a boat operators license (even for PWC) if you were born after 1972, thou I don't need one, I got mine, persons born before 1972 are grandfathered.

I got 3 diferent dive flags and only use them when the current is ripping, rough seas or lo-viz, so the boat operator can see where we are.

Here the boaters respect the diver down flags when deployed and yes you can see an ocasional jerk buzzing around one, but that's very rare.

As for maritime law enforcement goes, it's enforced depending on the season, not all the time as it should be.

Mandy3206:
Here the boaters respect the diver down flags when deployed and yes you can see an ocasional jerk buzzing around one, but that's very rare.
Dang...why can't Floridians be like this?????

Must be Colin...

I'll second Colin on that one.

I see there is a Turkey fry party at the Venice beach thrown by Scuba Jenny. Don't miss that one. I'm hoping Wendy might even be there? I will be there to watch the Venice cops patrol the beaches and ticket all the boaters for coming to close to our dive flags that day but I was told never to hold my breath while diving. http://www.scubaboard.com/t77109-.html

Scubaguy62, why you got that avatar?
Just curious if you're from PR.

That avatar rocks and is very cool, I love it !!!!

Mandy3206:
Scubaguy62, why you got that avatar?
Just curious if you're from PR.

That avatar rocks and is very cool, I love it !!!!
Thanks...I am from P.R. (Caguas); been in the States since 1980.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom