vBulletin Version SNAFU

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HowardE

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Upgrading to 4.1.8 tested ok on the development site, but apparently messed up the new posts here.

If "New Posts" or other searches look weird... Click this -> http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/forum.php?styleid=115

I had to re-create the default style. There are a few items that need some work...

Please bear with me while I fix everything.

Short list of things that need fixing:
  • [-]"User Status"[/-]
  • [-]Navbar options / New Post Pulldown[/-]
  • [-]Display Forum Listings in Columns[/-]
  • [-]Thread Information (at bottom - who is viewing)[/-]
If you are experiencing other issues... Please delete cookies and cache before reporting them to see if that fixes.

Last edited:
Upgrading to 4.1.8 tested ok on the development site, but apparently messed up the new posts here.

If "New Posts" or other searches look weird... Click this -> http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/forum.php?styleid=115

I had to re-create the default style. There are a few items that need some work...

Please bear with me while I fix everything.

Short list of things that need fixing:
  • [-]"User Status"[/-]

• [-]Navbar options / New Post Pulldown[/-]

• Display Forum Listings in Columns
  • [-]Thread Information (at bottom - who is viewing)[/-]
:thumb:

If you are experiencing other issues... Please delete cookies and cache before reporting them to see if that fixes.

images

This just started this morning and occurs on Chrome & IE after deleting cookies and cache. My default editor is WYSIWYG. In a “Reply with Quote” window, text box goes gray and empty when I click the “Switch Editor to Source Mode” button. I tried changing my default to the Basic Editor, click the “Reply with Quote” button, and immediately come up with the gray and empty text box.

I see that problem as well.

I will look into it.

Ok. The editor issue is solved, but it boils down to the "User Status" not working. Or at least... it works, but you can't make edits to the status.

I'm opting to leave the status as is, and the editor fixed.

I'll work on the status as time permits.

Howard, FYI, I was using IE9 (64 bit) on Windows7 for weeks and all was fine, but yesterday SB went completely wonky. Pages jumping around, visible area off screen, unable to post in Quick Reply or Advanced. Very weird. I cleared cache, history, etc. but didn't help.

I switched to Chrome this morning and all is working well. :idk: There's obviously something in vbulletin that IE doesn't like, or vice versa.

It appears fine in IE8. I will have to check IE9. I don't have it on this computer, I will give it a look as soon as I can.

Right now, I'm working on the status thingy.

I am posting this from Windows 7 / IE 9 on a 1280 x 800 screen resolution computer. It appears to be totally normal, and I am posting in the quick reply.

Ok. The editor issue is solved, but it boils down to the "User Status" not working. Or at least... it works, but you can't make edits to the status.

I'm opting to leave the status as is, and the editor fixed.

I'll work on the status as time permits.

I've updated the "User Status" to a new thing all together. I copied over everyone's old status, so it should be relatively seamless.

I am posting this from Windows 7 / IE 9 on a 1280 x 800 screen resolution computer. It appears to be totally normal, and I am posting in the quick reply.

Interesting. Old symptom went away. When I did this Reply With Quote, the screen displayed blank while in my default WYSISYG mode. Clicking Switch Editor to Source Mode made your quote appear. Clicking back to Switch Editor to WYSIWYG mode the quote remains as normal. This is in Chrome. Not a complaint, just hoping to provide troubleshooting data points.

Back
Top Bottom