Vancouver Vis Condition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whytecliff (Again.. really need to go some place else soon)
Silty as all heck
(oct 19)
Vis about 15' once we passed all the dive classes, left wall (from shore).

Ansil point was 10' and up to 25' at depth. Had some strange currents. Almost like surf surge but the surface was very calm.

r2t you should have come with us, we had a good couple of dives up in Egmont, Vis was 70-80 feet, maybe more. Diving must take president over a concert.

Whytecliff, even though there was tons of divers and some pumpkin carvers, vis was 30', down to 62, 40'
great dives on Sunday

Monday Oct 27. vis was about 40 feet at Whytecliff day marker.

Viz at Fury Creek today Nov 2 was about 5' in the first 30'. Cleared up very nicely at depth 30' to 40' but was very dark.

Same at whytecliff, crappy till 30 feet then pretty good, relly hoping it clears up soon

Tuwanek point last Sunday - 50ft both dives, 82' depth
FANTASTIC SITE.. GO DO IT!

Porteau Cove Saturday - 10', not too good esp. with the silt and people that shouldnt be diving trying to kick my regulator out of my mouth. probably saw 20 HUGE lingcods and I got attacked by one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom