Vancouver Vis Condition

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheWetRookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Since we have a Victoria vis condition thread, I thought I would start a Vancouver vis condition thread..

Sept 21/08 Kelvin Grove, vis 60 feet, Octo on right side of bay has moved back to the left side and a new young octo was found on the far left wall at around 55'

yay. I dove kelvin on sunday as well. SWEET vis!!! were you with 1 buddy as we were all getting out from dive #1?
when you say left side are you referring to the "island"?(saw signs of a possible den there.) or dive spot #2 left wall?

Les, I took you and Paul's picture, man, give yourself a slap for me...LOL :lotsalove::D:rofl3:

Neil saw the the octo on the right side of the islet which is believed to be the one that was on the right side of the bay as the one on the right side of the bay has not been seen in a few dives.

The one I saw was Left of the "Islet". On the far far left I/we found another octo at about 60'.

Sept 25/08 Whytecliff, evening/night dive, the cut, excellent vis, as far as the light went.

Sept 26/08 Copper Cove, morning dive, excellent vis, about 50'

Cultus lake, Delta Grove. Sept. 24th. 30 ft. vis. with a foot of undisturbed silt on the bottom.. 0ft. vis. if you kick it up!
OK, it's a lake dive but good for a central valley quick fix. We found a full beer down there too...

We found a full beer down there too...

Sweet, but no drinking and diving ok. :wink:

The viz at Whytecliff has been great the last two weekends. The bio luminescence this past weekend was fantastic as well.

yeah.. 3 weeks now, I went out 3 weeks ago, and 2, didnt go last weekend but heard it was 30'
3 weeks ago 45, 2 weeks ago 30'

the vis even at 75' was amazing.

We're going Friday morning, should be rainy as poop.. hopefully it doesnt affect the vis

Dove the Cape Breton and the Saskatchewan 2 weeks ago. Great vis and awesome wreck dives. On the deck of the Cape Breton a LARGE wolf eel was out slaloming through the foot tall metridium anemones.

Vis at Porteau Cove last week-end was incredible ... worst we saw all week-end was about 40 feet, and our final dive on Sunday on the Granthall had to be twice that.

Head'n back up to Vancouver this week-end but not to dive ... I'll be joining some friends helping to prepare Vancouver's next artificial reef (HCMS Annapolis).

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom