Vancouver area diving on Saturday July 17?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob1967

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey All,

I'm looking for a dive buddy for this Saturday, July 17. Anyone up for a couple of dives? I was thinking Kelvin, or maybe even a day trip up to Tuwanek. I was there yesterday, it is quite nice, wouldn't mind doing it again. I don't usually get a chance to go out on Saturdays, this is a rare chance for me.

I usually go out on Sundays with Stuart and his gang. Which reminds me, what is the plan for Sunday, Stu? :wink:

I think Stuart said something about celebrating his 200th dive that day...

Hahaha, that's a good one! :D :D :D

I'm at 194 now, I think he's a few back of me. That's why I am so keen to go out on Saturday — can't let him catch up!! :wink:

Hahaha, that's a good one! :D :D :D

I'm at 194 now, I think he's a few back of me. That's why I am so keen to go out on Saturday — can't let him catch up!! :wink:

And they said scuba diving wasn't a competitive sport. What's next, body contact? :D

Hey All,

I'm looking for a dive buddy for this Saturday, July 17. Anyone up for a couple of dives? I was thinking Kelvin, or maybe even a day trip up to Tuwanek. I was there yesterday, it is quite nice, wouldn't mind doing it again. I don't usually get a chance to go out on Saturdays, this is a rare chance for me.

I usually go out on Sundays with Stuart and his gang. Which reminds me, what is the plan for Sunday, Stu? :wink:

FYI Kelvin was closed, not sure if it still is due to a sewage malfunction.

Kelvin is closed? Really? Can anyone else confirm this?

Hey Rob! I've been there a few times over the past 2 months (last time about 3 weeks ago) and there's been an unofficial looking notice about the sewage tank having some kind of issue. I ignored it and saw that others did also. However, the smell was quite strong around the change rooms... I didn't break out in boils or rashes afterwards so maybe not an issue.
A.

Jason and I were there for 2 dives July 4th and saw the sign about the sewage problem but the beach wasn't closed just an advisory. The sign did say they were in the process of rectifying the problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom