Valve Drill: Easier in Doubles than in a Single?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Might as well join in the chorus of doubles vs. singles. it also depends on the tightness of the harness, if it is to lose, you could have a harder time reaching them.

Nice to see you around KKM

Eric

JeffG:
Same for me except to get to the isolator I find it easier to put my fist on the back of my head and then just lift my head until the hand hits the isolator. Makes it easier to reach and keeps your head up.

Well I tried that today, or atleast I was very aware of where my head was relative to the Isolator. My head is pretty much hard against the Iso all the time. There's no room for a fist between my Isolator and my knoggin.

I was using LP 85's (7 inch tanks) and I have my Isolator standing pretty much straight up. Might be a tad more room with 8" tanks. I do wear a 8 1/4" hat......

Do you have to tip your head forward to get a fist between your head and the valve?

Tobin

cool_hardware52:
Do you have to tip your head forward to get a fist between your head and the valve?

Tobin
Ummm...Maybe. Its not something I am conscious of.

i find singles trivial because i've got really good range of motion with my right arm. the left post on doubles is not my happy post...

Doubles are by far the easier of the two to reach!
Also have to agree with Tobin my head is pressed against the isolator when I'm diving in proper trim.
A.G. told us in class if you can scratch the back of your head you can reach the Isolator valve.
I have come to belive that is a true statement.
just my two cents!!!!

King Kong Matt:
Hi all,

I was just wondering whether reaching and manipulating your valves in a set of doubles is more or less difficult than in a single tank. I am able to reach my valves in a single without (too) much difficulty and was wondering if there was any substantive difference in a doubles rig.

Thanks in advance and safe diving,
Matty

Welcome back KKM!!!

Valves are much much easier to reach in doubles.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom