Valve adapters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

on_two_wheels

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just got a couple steel tanks. One has the Pro Valve set up, the other is a DIN valve. I found an adapter for the DIN valve for only about $12 on Leisure Pro. My question is, have there been any reported issues with having the adapter threaded into a DIN valve? Seems that's just one more part that could cause a problem rather than just one or the other. General opinions as well as facts are welcome.

You should just go to DIN it is so much better. But no you should not have any problems with it. Just my 2 cents

You should just go to DIN it is so much better. But no you should not have any problems with it. Just my 2 cents

Agreed. I have a pair of tanks with the pro valve and I got my reg switched to DIN. The only problem with that though is you'll need to buy a Din to Yoke tank adapter for your reg for when you got on a charter or something and use their tanks.

Like this: Poseidon Din To Yoke Converter from LeisurePro.com

Check the DIN adapter. If the tank valve is a 7 thread DIN valve, there's a chance that the LP adapter won't screw all the way in, or the "tip" won't mate correctly with the valve. Either one and you'll get a leak when you turn the valve on. Been there, done that.

The two types of DIN valves are commonly known as "5 thread" and "7 thread." The former is usually a convertible style yoke or DIN valve and used on tanks with a service pressure rating of less than 3500 psi. The latter is dedicated to DIN and usually on "true" high pressure (3500psi) tanks.

I agree with converting your reg(s) to DIN. It's easier to deal with in the long run. Switch them back to Yoke when you go on vacation.

I just got a couple steel tanks. One has the Pro Valve set up, the other is a DIN valve. I found an adapter for the DIN valve for only about $12 on Leisure Pro. My question is, have there been any reported issues with having the adapter threaded into a DIN valve? Seems that's just one more part that could cause a problem rather than just one or the other. General opinions as well as facts are welcome.

Every adapter that I have seen that lets you put a yoke on a DIN valve is intended only for use while filling, not diving. This is especially true if the DIN valves are on 3500 PSI cylinders. The convertible pro valves are on cylinders rated 3442 PSI and less.

Adapters to let you put a DIN regulator on a yoke valve are commonplace.

Can you post a link to the Leisure Pro item in question?

Pete

Like others will tell you, just convert your reg to DIN. I have a DIN to Yoke adapters for travel. DIN is a much more reliable setup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom