Va. Tech shooting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And another thing how is it that a diagnosed paranoid psychotic ...purchased two hand guns in a state with the following :

Virginia: State law requires gun buyers to go through a state-based criminal background check in addition to the federal NICS check. This is the best system since it includes checking both state and federal records to prevent criminals and other prohibited people from buying guns. in 2000, 2,568 gun buyers failed the criminal background check and were stopped from buying guns

Yet dude takes several pictures of himself perfectly centered and well developed, in a complete Al Queda style format ..references to Islamic Icons. Goes through all of this effort for what? Because he was upset ...why not blow your girlfriends head off ...then off yourself like the normal paranoid psychotic... Look I'm just a little suspicious ...thats all!

Most likely a classic nut job ...but odd!

Skull:
And another thing how is it that a diagnosed paranoid psychotic ...purchased two hand guns in a state with the following :

Virginia: State law requires gun buyers to go through a state-based criminal background check in addition to the federal NICS check. This is the best system since it includes checking both state and federal records to prevent criminals and other prohibited people from buying guns. in 2000, 2,568 gun buyers failed the criminal background check and were stopped from buying guns

Yet dude takes several pictures of himself perfectly centered and well developed, in a complete Al Queda style format ..references to Islamic Icons. Goes through all of this effort for what? Because he was upset ...why not blow your girlfriends head off ...then off yourself like the normal paranoid psychotic... Look I'm just a little suspicious ...thats all!

Most likely a classic nut job ...but odd!

how is it that a diagnosed paranoid psychotic ...purchased two hand guns

Difference criminal record V medical record

Islamic Icons

TV, copycat. Lots of that about

Skull:
Looks like the administration from VT was well aware of this scum bag ...also its quite telling that the police were aware of him and still nobody instiutionalized him ....

The problem is there are people like this in every school in every town. Lots of antisocial loners out there who act strange and threatening and loony. 99% of them never do anything, just live out their strange loner lives. It's easy to trace things back after the fact and it seems so obvious. Hindsight is 20-20.

For those who question why something wasn't done, how he was able to buy guns, etc. He hadn;t actually been charged with any crimes or committed to any institutions. He was always skating just under the radar, with little in his available file to indicate anything specific.

If we were to round up folks who fit this man's profile, that's about 1/2 of the engineering department, and 1/3 of scubaboard members (just kidding!).

Oh, yeh, and that includes the lone star shooter....

catherine96821:
Psychologists can't help paranoid psychotics because they have had a break from reality, that's why they get termed psychotic and not neurotic.
Talk therapy is not effective, is what I was taught.

My own opinion is that psychiatrists can't really help them either, they need to be shot by a sharpshooter law enforcement team promptly, like taking out a rabid dog.

That used to be the position this government took. ...If they no longer train to do that, I won't be eagerly anticipating their arrival.

How am I doing?...that's not political.

Well, maybe not in Hawaii, but in the continental USA there is both psychiatric medicines and various psychological therapies for schizophrenia. I checked.

I've been watching some of the footage that Cho sent to MSNBC. It really shows how delusional he was. One segment gives probably his main motive for what he did, when said "My life is hell".

I think it is too quick for even the professionals to label him as a paranoid schizophrenic. He might have schitzotype personality disorder, or severely depressed with psychosis... But nothing in his background suggests schitzophrenia.

People can have delusions with many mental illness, but we should not assume that he is schitzophrenic.

DavidPT40:
Well, maybe not in Hawaii, but in the continental USA there is both psychiatric medicines and various psychological therapies for schizophrenia. I checked.

not to be picky, but i don't think this guy was schizophrenic ...

schizophrenics believe odd things, like their thoughts are being transmitted to others, or that the FBI (or whatever) is out to make their lives hell ...

but there is no history of schizophrenics engaging in mass violence like this

this guy had a personality disorder which led him to psychosis ... what, i can't tell, not being a pro

I'm no mental doctor, but I think he had a persecution complex...the world was against him. All the statements from people who knew him suggest this is my opinion.

How about we just say his parents just didn't love him enough growing up . . .

I never realized we had so many in-house shrinks on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom