Uwatec Smart Tec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UaVaj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Looking for a new dive computer.

I currently have a Smart Z (love it). Looking to pass my wife my Smart Z and then pickup me a Smart Tec.

Reason for considering a Smart Tec is becuase of the "3 gas" feature.

Here is the real question. Can this feature be used in a fashion that I can keep an eye on my wife's vital/tank pressure/dive info while diving together? Can one transmitter (the one on my wife's tank) send duplicate signals to both her Smart Z and my Smart Tec at the same time?

If not. I will just buy another Smart Z for her.

There are ways to do this. Her transmitter will not send info to two different computers, but you can hook up another wireless transmitter to her first stage so her pressure is sent to both her computer and yours. I have a friend that does this with his wife here in LA. Since your computer can do multiple gases all wireless you can then have a transmitter on your tank and read both your pressure and your wife's. Hope this makes sense.

David

Transmitters can be paired to two computers, I've done it with the Smart Tec. The new Galileo Sol also allows you to set up a transmitter to monitor your buddy.

The last time, my friend was using my old Smart Tec with a transmitter on his first stage, and I was using my Galileo Sol. I had my Sol linked to a transmitter on my first stage for my air usage, and then I linked to his transmitter as well to monitor his air. Worked perfectly. He could still get info sent to his Smart Tec with no problems, at the same time as me getting the info too.

Mark

Thanks for the info. It's nice to know I don't have to spend $350 on another transmitter just so I can keep tabs on my wife's air.

The negative is these transmitters are only good for about 3ft so you have to be almost side by side to get any reading.

Either way - a Z or TEC will do fine.

I believe the only two things difference between these two computer is the TEC has (1) the safety stop feature and (2) the multi gas feature.

Another question. Obviously the Smart TEC monitor 3 gases and all TOGETHER in sync. So in my application (no deco rec diving) - the second gas would be my wife's tank.

Does the Smart TEC take into consideration my wife's air comsumption plus my air consumption TOGETHER to calcaluate my dive arigthothom/micro bubble level/etc? I would think so?

Can it be set/separated so that the second gas reading as guage only?

Galileo has the buddy pairing air monitoring feature. Using the smart Tec with the 3 gas feature to monitor another diver is not reccomended due to the fact that the computer may stop calculating your dive and switch over to the over diver

You response don't make any sense?

Are you saying that the Smart TEC calcaluates my dive algorithm base on which ever of the 2 gases that the computer decides to choose without my control/knowledge? (THIS CAN NOT BE RIGHT)
or
Are you saying that the Smart TEC calcaluate my dive algorithm base only on the gas that I choose in real time? Rather that gas be mine or my wife's?

My thought are that the Smart TEC calcaluate my dive algorithm base on all available gas combined. Hooking my wife's gas to my Smart TEC will mess up my overall dive algorithm becuase the Smart TEC will combine her gas comsumption plus my gas comsumption as my total comsumption.

Chances are no Smart TEC for me. I will get my wife a Smart Z instead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom