UTD Alpha/Delta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll echo Jays advice regarding the XDeep Bladders. I currently own, and keep in rental, TEC and REC units. The TEC will do everything the REC can, but comes at a slight cost (overall size). However, it is quite minimal to be honest. The classic is definitely more suited to a diver that already has their configurations dialed in. Its an amazing bladder, just takes a bit more to get it right for you.

The REC unit will easily hold 4 AL80's, or 2 steels if you are weighted properly. For warm OCEAN water technical diving, I can get by w/ the REC if I am 200fsw or shallower. If deeper, or planning extended times, the TEC. Don't let the smaller unit fool you as it still carries 28lbs of lift.

All three of the bladders use the same STEALTH harness

WRT one size fits several, having used the A/D wing in the past, its ok. Its not bad, but not great. The recommendation to pick a tool for the job reigns supreme. WIth that said, I have no issues diving sidemount in larger swells, and with 4-5 cylinders--neither do my buddies. But, we simply practiced until it became second nature. You get to the point where you grab whatever unit you want to do a dive--thank you muscle memory.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom