Utah Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

utediver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I got my OW certification over two years ago but haven't made it diving since. I would like to become an active diver. It would be nice to find people that do some local dives around Utah. Are there any Utah divers that would be willing to take a rookie out from time to time? I live in Sandy and the closest dive shop is Dive Addicts but they don't have local dive trips. It doesn't seem like any of the local shops make much effort to help new divers stay active.

I don't have any dives scheduled but I'd be glad to dive with you.

Just as a note, Neptune Divers (about 9th East and 21st South) and Dive Utah (don't remember their address but they have a web site) do schedule local dives. You may want to check their web pages for scheduled local dives.

Art

I will let you know the next time I go
Krush

and Dive Utah (don't remember their address but they have a web site) do schedule local dives. You may want to check their web pages for scheduled local dives.
Art
diveutah.com Bummer, you just missed a fun and games event at Bear Lake last weekend. :11:

I'll be at Bear Lake on Sept 6 & 7 for some training and a 'end of summer' fun diving. I know there will be at least 5 or 6 'fun divers' and you or anyone is welcome to join us.

Scott

Thanks for the replies. I wish I would have made the Bear Lake dive. Unfortunatly, I won't be able to make it on Sept 5th and 6th either. I'll be busy running 100 miles through the Wasatch mountains that weekend.

If anyone dives through the fall and winter and wants to take a rookie out just drop me an email. mtntrailrunner@hotmail.com From what I understand the Crater and Blue Lake have year round diving.

Jeff

Crater's year-round, for sure. I wonder if I should try the raw egg thing there, or if they'd get mad. :)

If you look southward, both Scuba Ted's (Springville) and Water World (Provo) should have local dive trips planned. I know Water World has a Strawberry reservoir trip planned for the end of this month that I'll probably go to.

You may want to consider a refresher class if you never dove after certification.

Unfortunately diving in land locked areas can be hard.

I wish that the UT folks would post more dives (like Bear Lake) as I BET you may get some interest from CO. I've camped at Bear Lake, and while it is a drive from Denver, it might be worth doing for a long weekend.

I guess that depends on things like.... what is the vis like there?

I wish that the UT folks would post more dives (like Bear Lake) as I BET you may get some interest from CO. I've camped at Bear Lake, and while it is a drive from Denver, it might be worth doing for a long weekend.

I guess that depends on things like.... what is the vis like there?
Should have made the drive Ron. Vis was about 20-25ft, a palmy 64 degrees on the surface, a comfortable 58 at 40 feet and a cool 53 at 75.

@rollerboi. I hope the water temps at the 'berry' hold out for a few more weeks.

If you look southward, both Scuba Ted's (Springville) and Water World (Provo) should have local dive trips planned. I know Water World has a Strawberry reservoir trip planned for the end of this month that I'll probably go to.

Update:

Just got an email from Ted's.. their crawdad dive and cookoff will be at Strawberry reservoir on Sept. 27th... call their shop (Scuba Ted's) for more info and registration (required for food, mobile tank fills, etc).

Coincidentally, this is the same day that Water World (www.waterworldutah) is planning to go to Strawberry. Hope it won't be too crowded! :lol

If anyone here's planning to go, post here! I would like to make it, but I don't know if I'll be able to. We're scheduled for in vitro fertilization right around that weekend, and depends on conditions. Will be an exciting weekend for me either way! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom