Utah Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still trying to plan a trip to Sand Hollow, if anyone is interested?

Swimmers itch, hummm, haven't heard. I will contact the appropriate people to find out. No date planned just looking for some people to go.

I frequently travel and try to dive while on trips, especially in Florida. But during dry spells its fun to go get wet, get some practice in... even if just a morning up at the Crater. I'm close by in Park City and would join someone if they need a buddy. Always great getting wet! (and I do like not having to wear a wetsuit! just like the carribean, except the fish, reefs, blue water, pelagic, ok... so not quite the carib :D)

Drop me an email at richardjheil@gmail.com - or via ScubaBoard...

I got my OW certification over two years ago but haven't made it diving since. I would like to become an active diver. It would be nice to find people that do some local dives around Utah. Are there any Utah divers that would be willing to take a rookie out from time to time? I live in Sandy and the closest dive shop is Dive Addicts but they don't have local dive trips. It doesn't seem like any of the local shops make much effort to help new divers stay active.
Sure they do! I know that they had a few folks get together for diving at the Crater this weekend and are doing Blue Lake here in the near future.

They also have a new thing they have just started up. They call it Dive Addicts Anonymous. (DAA)
We meet once a month and talk about different topics. Last month was Cave diving. This month was about specialties. Next month will be about Tech diving. We will meet at the shop on Dec. 18th from 7-8 PM

Click on this link and see if you can get the newsletter. If not, PM me with your email address and I will forward it to you! Deanndiveaddictscom@mail80.subscribermail.com
or just email Deann at Deann@diveaddicts.com and ask her to add you to the list to get the newsletter.

Karen

I know this forum is 'inactive' but I am also plagued by an itch to dive and the lack of time/motivation by my regular buddies.

Recently I've dove SeaBase (yuck!), Burreston Ponds (middle of march), Meadow Springs (end of march), and the crater (just a few days ago).

I'm always up for a dive if I can make it. Please PM me or email me at paul@toonefam.net if you are in need of a buddy. I REALLY want to go back down to Meadow as I underestimated the drive time and only got to spend about 15 min down after a 1 1/2 hr drive :( (had to get back because we had a babysitter). So if anyone wants to go to meadow or anywhere else for that matter, let me know.

Meadow Hot Springs - Utah Hot Springs

I've never dove Meadow, what is the depth of it? I had no idea about this dive site. I am really interested in diving it. It may have to be a May dive though.

I will be hitting Blue Lake closer to the end of April. I'll email you with details if that dive interests you.

Depth is 33 ft in the first pool. There are two other pools and I was unable to visit them:( Drive from Orem was about 1.5 hrs, water temp was 93. Parking area, in the spring, and the area around the spring is surprisingly VERY clean.

I'd be OK to go in May or any other time! Really want to try Blue Lake but I'll be in Coz at the end of April.

Parking area, in the spring, and the area around the spring is surprisingly VERY clean.
That's good that people are keeping it clean. It's on private land and if it gets hammered with crap the owner will close off access. It's be threatened before.

I'd be OK to go in May or any other time! Really want to try Blue Lake but I'll be in Coz at the end of April.
I have Fridays available if someone wants a Friday trip. I'm possibly going out the last weekend in May also. Depends on bugs and algae bloom levels.

Enjoy Coz Paul.

I'm going to Meadow today for a quick dip...I'll get some pictures of the area and the underwater layout then post em

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom