USVI = "crime ridden"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have the opportunity to work on St. John's, take it. I spent a lot of time in the USVI when I was a kid - mostly St. Thomas. I was always glad to leave. St. John's is way different though.
Since you're already living in SE Asia, the adjustment won't be too hard - some of the attractions of life over there will not be in St. John's.

I have been living in St. Croix for nearly two years. The island has crime. It is about the same amount as any other area of the same size in the states, but less then a major city. Be street smart, and you will not have any problems.

As for the incident in St. John. I was in St. John shortly after the incident in question. It was a very isolated incident. St. john is a very wealthy island, and does not ussually have much crime.

I can not imagine living anywhere else. I love the islands and the diving is wonderful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom