*ussys.........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The Northern Hemisphere will be enjoying a cooling cycle now for at least the next 5 or 6 months and I just can't believe the drive by media is still reporting about global warming. :shakehead:
Let me tell 'ya.... If you dive a wetsuit in the Winter you'll never believe in the hype they tell you on NBC.

I'm heading to the city to pick up a warmer suit for the Winter.

How about Ya'll ?

Who plans to dive the local lakes in the next few months ??

To hell with the global warming crap....bring on the freakin cold weather....I am diving those cold lakes regardless!!!! My Amish buds are coming to....... :D

Until it freezes solid to the bottom - I dive. Bring on the cold. We're doing our New Year's dive in NY - none of this wimp Texas winter. I want to see my breath during my SI too.

We've only had about 2 days cooler than 70 degrees in Boston so far this fall. That's not normal. But hey it's cold in Texas, so there must not be global warming.

I don't know about Boston, but this summer has been cooler than normal in Texas. I was worried they might have been right back in the 70s when they were predicting global cooling. You never know what those rascals are going to come up with next.

I bought my 7mil about a month ago! I've already used it once, and plan to use it again at Murray next month. I have to admit, I was still a little chilly at times,
(and the temps were only in the lower 70's):embarass: but I think if I just add my hood, I'll be fine. I might have to find some of those neoprene socks that go under your boots too.

I'm not going to quit diving over the winter months, so I'm just going to have to tough it out!:D

Rhonda

The Northern Hemisphere will be enjoying a cooling cycle now for at least the next 5 or 6 months and I just can't believe the drive by media is still reporting about global warming. :shakehead:
Let me tell 'ya.... If you dive a wetsuit in the Winter you'll never believe in the hype they tell you on NBC.

I'm heading to the city to pick up a warmer suit for the Winter.

How about Ya'll ?

Who plans to dive the local lakes in the next few months ??

You got that right. Diving to me is not a fair weather sport. THE NEED to blow bubbles underwater is too great to worry about what mother nature has for us Divers. Thats why I thought they make dry suits and I dive all year round in TEXAS. Sometimes the winter months are like having the lakes to yourself.

So I will be diving no matter how cold it gets.

Regards,
Shawn O.

I'm divin no matter what! Last year John and I were diving Murray at 46 deg water temps in wetsuits. I'm sure this year won't be any different.

Now WE are talking....'NO WUSSES ALLOWED' on this thread......real divers dive what nature throws their way!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom