*ussys.........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thickest wetsuit I've got is a 5/4, but I do want to get my drysuit certification if I can between now and December...my brother wants me to go diving with him in the Portland area over Xmas, and I don't want my first time to be in 42 degree water!!!

I've got my name on a waitlist at Surface Interval for the next drysuit training, but if anyone else has additional suggestions please let me know. I regret I'm not an "official" swamper having never dove with most of y'all, but can kill that bird at the same time.... Worst comes to worst I know there's another Dog Days coming up this fall @ CSSP, right?

Worst comes to worst I know there's another Dog Days coming up this fall @ CSSP, right?

Nov. 17th./18th....Surface Interval Scuba is not a participating shop this year.

DUI Dog rally days (or whatever they're called) are at CSSP on November 17th.

The DOG Day is the way to go. Stephen and I got our dry suit "training" courtesy of the fine folks at the DOG event at Windy Point last spring. A few weeks later we were in the lake (albeit with Bare drysuits) diving dry. Bring on the cold!

I never let the winter stop me! I DIVE those springs here in Florida YEAR-ROUND!. I don't need no steenkeeng wet suit either! No siree! You'll never find me complaining about those frigid 72 degree waters: not once! :D

Speaking of Chilly spring waters... I got to dive with Dick Long and his daughter Kathy this past Saturday on "Birds Underwater" in Crystal River as we hunted the elusive manatee. Yeppers... true to form, he wore one of his DUI drysuits. No, no-one made fun of him. We were kinda chilly in our 3 mil wet suits. I think the BEST thing about DUI is that it is a family owned and operated business. Dick laughingly referred to the "hostile takeover" by his daughters. It was an interesting dive, and he made the surface intervals quite informative!

Frank, dahling- you know the Foo's will be out there, although we do migrate to central Texas quite a bit in the winter for our diving. (Love those 72 degree temps in the Comal and Aquarena). Foo2 and I will brave it in the north as long as we can though.

I never let the winter stop me! I DIVE those springs here in Florida YEAR-ROUND!. I don't need no steenkeeng wet suit either! No siree! You'll never find me complaining about those frigid 72 degree waters: not once! :D

I'll be in FL next week for DEMA. I'm planning to dive Ginnie Springs while I'm there. I also want to swing a deal on a dry suit so I can be comfortable this winter. I've done lake Travis in January in a wetsuit. :shakehead:Once was enough of that silliness for me.

I've done lake Travis in January in a wetsuit. :shakehead:Once was enough of that silliness for me.

You've convinced me. We drive many hours to dive in the springs in your area, if I were you I'd be there all winter. Yes, I know they're shallow. But they're SEVENTY-TWO degrees. dang. You're luccccckky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom