Do you carry an SMB

• Yes

Votes: 173 95.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Always carry one. However, on a recent liveaboard (only boat in the middle of nowhere) diving early morning, the dinghy boats could not see it (7'er) due to the sun behind it and serious swells. They "thought" I must still be down diving. I could not see them but mirrored and whistled to the main boat which got smaller and smaller due to swift current. Though we were told to never swim back, my only chance of being seen was to kick my A** off to get back in range of the main boat and keeping that SMB vertical was a maximum challenge. They finally found me after 2 hours. So...a radio will now also be part of my gear.

It a requirment in our dive shop that all the instructors and guides have to dive with a SMB. When they come in shallow water (5m) they have to send it up for safety. Also ofcourse when they do the safety stop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom