Using Multiple Transmitters - Uwatec Gallieo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NightRaven77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone have any experience with the Uwatec Gallieo using multiple transmitters?

Work pretty good? reliable?

Good transmission?

How far away until you lost transmission?

That kind of stuff

NR77

It works okay, obviously as along as the secondary transmitter stays within range (3 to 10 feet depending on conditions, maybe more), but it's not really something you can consistently depend on. Others may have had better luck. Many units suffer from signal dropouts on even the primary transmitter, so I consider it more of a nice-to-have, when it works.

Last edited:
Does it make alot of alert sounds when it goes out of range ?

that could be annoying...

I was thinking on getting the Gallieo and use multiple transmitters to help monitor my girlfriends air. She is starting her open water certification in september and we are going diving in Bonaire in October. I figured it would be nice to have that option to help monitor a new diver.

Does it make alot of alert sounds when it goes out of range ?

that could be annoying...

I keep mine permanently set in all silent mode, use visual alarms for everything; just not a fan of all that beeping.

I really like my Luna; it's a very good computer. The algorithm is perfect for me, it's easy to use with plenty of customization options, and it has a great digital compass. The only issues I have had are the transmitter was replaced to address the signal dropouts, and I had to replace the strap due to breakage. Haven't had any problems with it since.

Last edited:
I was thinking on getting the Gallieo and use multiple transmitters to help monitor my girlfriends air. She is starting her open water certification in september and we are going diving in Bonaire in October. I figured it would be nice to have that option to help monitor a new diver.
Myself and the wife have transmitters and they are great. The Galileo ones are probably the best in the business.
Mine has only ever dropped out once and that was due to a low battery after 3yrs. I have never been out of range of the wife either.

You mentioned Luna? I thought the Luna couldn't read multiple transmitters.....only the Gallieo can...Am I correct?

You mentioned Luna? I thought the Luna couldn't read multiple transmitters.....only the Gallieo can...Am I correct?

Well the Luna is a Galileo. It's name is the Uwatec Galileo Luna. And you are incorrect, it is indeed capable of multiple transmitters.

Scubapro currently make two UWATEC models within the Galileo family of computers, the Sol and the Luna. Cosmetics aside, I believe the only difference is that the Sol comes with a heart rate monitor and PMG algorithm standard, where as these are optional upgrades on the Luna model. For this reason the Luna is the less expensive of the two off-the-shelf, but is otherwise the same computer, including the multi transmitter feature.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom