Using Multiple Transmitters - Uwatec Gallieo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was thinking on getting the Gallieo and use multiple transmitters to help monitor my girlfriends air. She is starting her open water certification in september and we are going diving in Bonaire in October. I figured it would be nice to have that option to help monitor a new diver.

You'be better off working on buddy procedures and communication between the two of you rather than relying on technology. Get into the habit of never being more than reaching distance away and asking for each others air on a regular basis. Also study gas management and use your SAC rates, Rock Bottom, and Thirds. Planning the dive properly based on your air consumption will reduce the need to monitor her air like that. And she should be checking her own air and telling you what it is without being asked.

My buddy and I both have Galileo Luna's with Transmitters. The unit does pitch a fit when it loses signal from the primary transmitter but not when the buddy transmitter is out of range.

We tested the range in my pool, It's around ten feet. Environmental factors come into play transmitting RF through the water.

I'm not sure the SOL comes stock with PMG installed. As I understand it, you lose the buddy feature when you install PMG. I'd have to re-read the manual, I guess. It might come with a license for downloading and installing PMG?

Nightraven77, have you looked at the price of an extra transmitter (I think around $400)? It might not be worth it to you for the small convenience.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom