Using A Long Hose Isn't Just For Tech Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

novadiver:
and you imply that because a diver doesn't have a long hose they can't donate gas, most ooa comes from divers breathing all their gas, not equipment failure. and this can be avoided by looking at their spg, but you wouldn't or couldn't know that. could you? that's why their called "poser with a hoser"

that's number two.
I never mentioned the long hose in that post, you did...

novadiver:
the sad part is , you only know one way to plan a dive. there is a differance in gas planning and oog planning. how many gas plans have you been taught? that's what I thought. ONE

Just being curious, how many ways have you been taught? Since I've been diving with one, and now you got me worried about diving with a long hose. :shocked:

Just seeing if we can tap into your vast wealth of knowledge. :D

sinkorswim:
Just being curious, how many ways have you been taught? Since I've been diving with one, and now you got me worried about diving with a long hose. :shocked:

Just seeing if we can tap into your vast wealth of knowledge. :D
I've just looked at your profile, you've been taught three ways to plan a dive. so this would be a trolling post wouldn't it. Nice try though

novadiver:
I've just looked at your profile, you've been taught three ways to plan a dive. so this would be a trolling post wouldn't it. Nice try though

:D

Originally Posted by OE2X
Got any video of you blowing a bag when someone is on your 24" hose?

JeffG:
Hey....this is a family site
Quote:

Laughed out loud at work. Sure I'd rather be diving, but this is hilarious...

novadiver:
ah , the chicken and egg thing was in refferance to which came first, and I love a good train wreck. Just can't pull my eyes away

trainwreakthread.jpg

Couldn't resist. :D

The original statement is that a long hose is not just for tech divers, implying that rec divers should also use a long hose. I travel a lot and want to keep my kit to a minimum in size and weight, I don't dive in wrecks or caves, and truthfully have never seen an OOA situation.

Have any of you ever experienced an out of air situation?

Should I use a long hose?

Tim

meisburger:
The original statement is that a long hose is not just for tech divers, implying that rec divers should also use a long hose. I travel a lot and want to keep my kit to a minimum in size and weight, I don't dive in wrecks or caves, and truthfully have never seen an OOA situation.

Have any of you ever experienced an out of air situation?

Should I use a long hose?

Tim

As I posted in this thread, I was in an OOA situation without a long hose a while ago. I have also done my fair share of OOA drills, I think the long hose provides a stark advantage in sharing gas at any depth on any dive.

If you decide to use a long hose, you need to have someone show you how to deploy, stow, and manage the hose - it's not hard, but it's not something you want to try to come up with your own way of doing. Then practice a few times on dry land, then get in the water and do some air sharing. There's plenty of help in the hog or DIR forum.

If you are up-in-the-air about going to a long hose - practice some air sharing with your buddy in 20 or 30' of water with the rig you dive now. You want to be able to make a controlled, slow ascent and be able to stop on the way up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom