Question User reviews on Scubapro Super Nova Seawing fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still can't get my head around the price of these fins here, twice the price of the SP Go Sport and $111 more expensive than the Avanti Quattro + fin .:no:

That sounds about right. Here it is about 100Euros more than the GO Sport, 230 vs. 130 Euros.

It depends where.
There is a sport store sign in France called "Au vieux campeur" wich have a quite good diving department, and with really good price more often:
And during the annual diving show (in Paris), they do 20% reduction in all stores for de diving department (if you have the fidelity card: it cost 20€, you can use it one year, and italso give you an insurance for all sports etc...)
So you can buy the supernova 143€.

So you can buy the supernova 143€.
Still expensive, $85 AU cheaper though.

Still expensive, $85 AU cheaper though.
Any shop you may be friendly with should offer at least 15%, here in the U.S. There is major price fixing, anti trust laws have been dismantled for the most part.

First dive follow up.
I did one dive with the super nova, I like them, these don’t have that odd snap of the regular Nova, smooth and controllable, not a lot of leg feedback in frog kick but good movement and unlike the regular/gorilla nova’s no noticeable “flutter” in the frog kick. The “flutter” was a slight instability where the blade would oscillate a bit during the kick.

great foot pocket and with my longer bungee a snap to get on and off in the swell we had yesterday.

second dive I used my Zeagle recons, these (recon) are the best cold water fins I’ve used so the supernova will get some more dives in the cold to keep working them out and I really look forward to them as very packable travel fins.

some pics
7DDEE776-7145-43EE-90D3-E007AF15E9B3.jpeg
219A24DF-A6B5-40EE-B1AE-0C704698F07E.jpeg
BA603D08-F8FB-442B-9A12-722A666A9BD0.jpeg
D4AA987D-9077-4C37-96B7-30A3D08318FB.jpeg

Quick pic, disassembled and in a standard size roller bag.
View attachment 767405
pretty sure I can get all of my warm water gear plus some in here.
You’re going to add a wetsuit, booties, mask, bc, light in that bag? You must be really good at jigsaw puzzles.

You’re going to add a wetsuit, booties, mask, bc, light in that bag? You must be really good at jigsaw puzzles.
Foot pockets will hold a lot, two 1mm wet suits, mask light and the disassembled outlaw, no problem

Did another cold water drysuit dive today, since the was nothing to look at in the 4 ft viz I was able to spend a lot of time concentrating on these fins, I really like them they handle very well do an excellent frog, helicopter flutter and dolphin, my knees and hips don’t accommodate a reverse well so didn‘t try.

I think my recons are better for this cold stuff but didn’t feel the supernova lacking at all.

Read through this whole thread, lots of great information, but I have a few questions & comments.

The separation aspect looks like a direct copycat of Tusa's Hyflex Switch / Switch Pro fins. Not that that's bad, but worth remembering they weren't first. I found the Switch far too soft for my liking, and haven't had a chance to try the stiffer Switch Pro fins.

I found the Seawing Nova fins also too soft for my liking, but the Nova Gorillas have really hit a sweet spot for me. Like them more than my Mares Avanti Quatro+ fins (lighter too).

What I am really curious about is: how do the Supernovas compare to the Nova Gorillas?

Will there be / is there a Gorilla/stiffer version of the Supernovas?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom