US travelers banned from FSM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geez. I didn't know everything was locked up tight in FSM. Wanted to go to Chuuk, Palau, Yap & maybe hit Guam in a swing through the area early 2023 but after reading these posts it looks like I may have to postpone it to 2024. Wow. That's pretty far out. I don't want to go through an entry quarantine.

I'll have to do some more research. I did see where LOBs in Palau and Chuuk were taking bookings but I suppose that doesn't mean anything if you can't get there.

Has anyone got any updates?

Geez. I didn't know everything was locked up tight in FSM. Wanted to go to Chuuk, Palau, Yap & maybe hit Guam in a swing through the area early 2023 but after reading these posts it looks like I may have to postpone it to 2024. Wow. That's pretty far out. I don't want to go through an entry quarantine.

I'll have to do some more research. I did see where LOBs in Palau and Chuuk were taking bookings but I suppose that doesn't mean anything if you can't get there.

Has anyone got any updates?

Palau opened up to Taiwan but only tour groups who can only stay at certain hotels and only shop at certain stores. No individual tourism there yet.

Bumping a zombie thread. Was wondering what the over/under is on FSM and the Marshall Islands opening up this summer?

Bumping a zombie thread. Was wondering what the over/under is on FSM and the Marshall Islands opening up this summer?
I recently tried to charter the Odyssey and they told me FSM not only has no estimate for opening, but also no criteria set for determining when they will open. Their boat has no available bookings until 2025 with all the bookings from 2020/2021, and now 2022 pushed to 2023-2024.

Marshall islands won't be open this summer. Just my guess, having my ear to the ground.

Truk will be interesting. There has always been decay, a little collapse here, gun falls off there. Now, after 2-3 years of nobody looking at anything, it will be shocking to see all the slow decay in one step.

I have a Bikini trip planned for last year. It has been rescheduled to this year. This month I was supped to have the first half of the payment in place. They have not contacted us about it so far. We are thinking it may not happen. This is August planning.

Truk will be interesting. There has always been decay, a little collapse here, gun falls off there. Now, after 2-3 years of nobody looking at anything, it will be shocking to see all the slow decay in one step.

I have a Bikini trip planned for last year. It has been rescheduled to this year. This month I was supped to have the first half of the payment in place. They have not contacted us about it so far. We are thinking it may not happen. This is August planning.

Similar boat, probably the same boat. I've got a Bikini trip in June, supposed to have most of the payment this month, crickets. I do have plane tickets to take me all the way to Ebeye, but I also have trip insurance and can reschedule everything. The thing I'm trying to determine is if I need to start planning for doing something else this June, it's looking like the answer on the magic 8-ball is yes.

Fiji and Palau are the 2 more likely options to be open in that part of the world, but neither has much wreck action

I don't fancy packing my drysuit for scapa again, so it might be south florida for me

And that's just the USA while having major restrictions. While we worry about economic damage and such...

But I'm sure this has been much harder on the destinations that depend almost completely on tourism. I remember giving well deserved 3000 baht tip for someone who took care of my living arrangements for 3 months and she cried she was so happy. And this was precovid. I hope health for everyone.
That's 2 weeks work at Thai minimum wage.

Back
Top Bottom