US travelers banned from FSM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hah...thanks for posting this. I'm going to have to do some poking, as my flight is booked for a few weeks from now..

Edit: nevermind, not all ports of entry are affected. I'm good.

Hah...thanks for posting this. I'm going to have to do some poking, as my flight is booked for a few weeks from now..

Edit: nevermind, not all ports of entry are affected. I'm good.

Where are you flying to? The airports listed are pretty much every airport in FSM other than Ulithi

I'm not actually heading to FSM, but RMI. The article mentioned a Majuro turnaround, but RMI currently only cares about China, Hong Kong and Macau travelers. The measles thing is old news and that's taken care of. I misread the article's relation between RMI and FSM.

Ah, yeah, Marshalls rules are more lax.

To be fair, on those small islands, once Coronavirus arrives there will be no stopping it. There's also the question of if it makes it there, will the hospitals actually be able to handle it. I live in Saipan, (not the FSM, but in a similar situation a stone's throw away), which is arguably more technologically advanced, and I have real fears that our hospital won't be able to deal with the Coronavirus. I'm guessing the 98% survival rate will drop dramatically once it runs into the reality of the lack of expertise and equipment out here.

With that in mind, I don't blame em.

To be fair, on those small islands, once Coronavirus arrives there will be no stopping it. There's also the question of if it makes it there, will the hospitals actually be able to handle it. I live in Saipan, (not the FSM, but in a similar situation a stone's throw away), which is arguably more technologically advanced, and I have real fears that our hospital won't be able to deal with the Coronavirus. I'm guessing the 98% survival rate will drop dramatically once it runs into the reality of the lack of expertise and equipment out here.

With that in mind, I don't blame em.

honestly me either for the same reasons you mention. Only been to Yap but it’s tiny. Once something like that takes hold it would be a firestorm. I just feel bad for folks that make their living off tourism. This may be devastating

Marshall Islands has just imposed roughly the same restrictions, however there is mention of states, so if your state is coronavirus free you may be allowed in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom