Where Americans Can Travel As Of 9/21/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yes, there are several missing, you can go to Egypt as well.

i suspect, much like most other countries who are suggesting their citizens stay put, the state department doesn't see this as a priority, especially as it is changing so rapidly. in essence you can find the information out from an airline pretty quickly if you 'need' to travel somewhere.... if you 'want' to travel somewhere you would likely be met with a rather cool response about priorities from any bureaucrat ..... and, as rare is it is, they probably have a decent argument for their apathy in this area...

yes, there are several missing, you can go to Egypt as well...
This pandemic and travel bans are killing me. Typically I travel to 2 to 4 countries every year, depending on how safe it is to travel. I've been to 40 countries so far. Years ago I got to travel across north Africa, including Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Somalia, and Kenya.

But I haven't felt safe to travel for the last 3-4 years, so I've been staying closer to home where I know that Americans are not hated too badly.

This pandemic and travel bans are killing me. Typically I travel to 2 to 4 countries every year, depending on how safe it is to travel. I've been to 40 countries so far. Years ago I got to travel across north Africa, including Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Somalia, and Kenya.

But I haven't felt safe to travel for the last 3-4 years, so I've been staying closer to home where I know that Americans are not hated too badly.

Egyptians like Americans. So, I was told by a taxi driver when he took me from Hurghada to Luxor. When we stopped at several checkpoints and the driver declared that he had an American in his car, the checkpoint policemen gave gave him thumbs up and let him go with a smile.

Egyptian like American. So, I was told by the taxi driver when he took me from Hurghada to Luxor. When we stopped at several checkpoints and the driver declared that he had an American in his car, the checkpoint policemen gave gave him thumbs up and let him go with a smile.
We had a wonderful time in Egypt. We walked around Alexandria and Cairo at midnight without any problems or concerns. The women were out in force shopping at that hour. Similar experiences in Morocco and Tunisia.

I vacationed in the Middle East about 5-6 years ago. The civil war in Syria started getting hot, so we got to the border but didn't dare cross. And the border was closed to Iraq, so we couldn't cross. When people found out that I was American, they took me out to dinner. The attitude toward Americans has changed dramatically, for the worse, in the past 3-4 years. I remember the days when we were welcomed everywhere we went in Pakistan. Times have changed.

Reactions: Dan

hated But I haven't felt safe to travel for the last 3-4 years, so I've been staying closer to home where I know that Americans are not hated too badly.

Americans generally aren't hated abroad...and certainly not more than anyone else, brits/french/germans etc ( not the Canadians though, everyone loves us :)) it's your media/political parties gaslighting you. 'everyone hates you except me, be my best friend'.....

Americans generally aren't hated abroad... it's your media/political parties gaslighting you. 'everyone hates you except me, be my best friend'.....
I have friends and acquaintances on 5 continents who regularly communicate with me. And I have literally been all the way around the world.
Your ignorance of world attitudes is gaslighting you.

I have friends and acquaintances on 5 continents who regularly communicate with me. And I have literally been all the way around the world.
Your ignorance of world attitudes is gaslighting you.

maybe noone likes them specifically....

Fascinating convo so far...:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom