New restrictions to enter Ecuador

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, sorry I should have said that they have made the distinction that "a day" was 24 hours in regards to how it is viewed. Thank you for clarifying.
Could be more than 24 hours. If your flight is at 11:30pm on a Saturday, you can have that test at 7am (or earlier) on Friday.

My biggest worry is that there is a rumor that the US is considering imposing a quarantine on all people, including fully vaccinated citizens, arriving from abroad. This is not a done deal, and I hope it won’t happen, but it would make travel very difficult for those of us who don’t have unlimited vacation time or the ability to work from anywhere.

My biggest worry is that there is a rumor that the US is considering imposing a quarantine on all people, including fully vaccinated citizens, arriving from abroad. This is not a done deal, and I hope it won’t happen, but it would make travel very difficult for those of us who don’t have unlimited vacation time or the ability to work from anywhere.
Relax. That’s all it is. An ununsubstantiated rumor. No truth to it whatsoever.

I too am a bit nervous about our trip for February with the new U.S. restrictions that just came out, but realistically for those of us who have already been traveling over the last year or so these are not insurmountable restrictions. Trying to get a handle on what is the access of getting a negative test within 24 hours coming back. Will post whatever I find out.
Get it at the Quito airport before you leave. Most flights from the Galapagos arrive midday walk across the roadway to the business center where there is a clinic. They will print out the results in about an hour. Walk back across to the terminal and checkin for your flight. There is something similar in Guayaquil.

Some live-a-boards will have a tech come to the boat and do the tests.

Get it at the Quito airport before you leave. Most flights from the Galapagos arrive midday walk across the roadway to the business center where there is a clinic. They will print out the results in about an hour. Walk back across to the terminal and checkin for your flight. There is something similar in Guayaquil.

Some live-a-boards will have a tech come to the boat and do the tests.
Yes I am sure there is a way but being the anal retentive enginerd that, I am I like to have the way planned before getting there. Plus I am the trip lead so need to be able to blast it out to my group as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom