US Dollar and Buying from Overseas Suppliers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah I asked Kim for pricing on the Petrel 3 also and got the same price too.

If your looking for one contact Martin from Tecme. €1115 pretty big price difference

Below is my invoice. Previous orders I have made with Martin arrive in 3-5 business days from Germany to US. Crazy fast shipping

View attachment 745228

Don’t need one - a 3 came with my new unit when I was expecting a 2 so that was a very nice surprise.

I thought Scubapro regulators were made in Italy?
@Angelo Farina would know.
Many SP regulators are made in Italy, in the large factory is Casarza Ligure, near Sestri Levante (Genoa province). On the plastic body of second stage you find usually the "made in Italy" engraving.
Here a D-420 (their current top model):
D-420.png
However SP licensed some far-east factories for manufacturing their lower-grade or older models.
I visited the Scubapro factory in 1978, where I was trained to tuning, maintenance and repair of the MK5-108-109.

I think what happens with US pricing is that all the regs produced globally come here and have to go to a distributor. That’s after all the shipping and port taxes are paid. Then you have the distributors mark up. Then it gets to the authorized dealer (lds) and they are held to mandatory retail pricing schedules, which in Scubapro’s case is 110% which is full retail, 100% would be with the 10% discount. Combine all this and yes we get gouged.

If by “port taxes,” you mean import duties, that doesn’t apply with this. Regs are duty free.

Plus if your shipping to the US you do not have to pay any VAT also the US has no import tax on diving equipment. Never had any issues I have ordered everything from mask, miflex hose's, and regs, up to big ticket items like dry suits, rebreathers, etc.
@marsh9077 I'm looking at buying some gear online in some EU countries. However, the price includes taxes. How do i know what the VAT value will be and that it will be removed? Do i have to contact them or does the VAT get removed some other way?

@marsh9077 I'm looking at buying some gear online in some EU countries. However, the price includes taxes. How do i know what the VAT value will be and that it will be removed? Do i have to contact them or does the VAT get removed some other way?

Usually around 19 - 20 %. Some sites show price with and without vat.

Usually around 19 - 20 %. Some sites show price with and without vat.

Correct. Or also once you go through the check out process and input your out of EU address your cart will update. Worst case you just contact the merchant and they will just email you and invoice with out the VAT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom