US Dollar and Buying from Overseas Suppliers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Euro dropped to .98 today. I had a cart of items for about $380 and the total dropped $5 overnight.

Why do we get screwed so bad in the US?
Is it just because they can?
I'm seeing premium masks for 50% off, Scubapro regs for almost 50% off, Bare dry suits for $1,000 less. I'm looking at a Bare wetsuit for the Roatan trip that retails here for $399, and it looks like I can get it for $215 shipped. That's at least 40% off.

The Euro dropped to .98 today. I had a cart of items for about $380 and the total dropped $5 overnight.

Just pull the trigger on a Petrel 3 AK 4pin. It was €1171 ($1145 USD) including DHL express shipping. Best I could find from US retailers was $1,500. That is a $355 savings.

Lots of good deals to be found overseas. Especially on SP and Apeks regs. This is why pretty much all my diving gear I have bought from EU or UK.

Just pull the trigger on a Petrel 3 AK 4pin. It was €1171 ($1145 USD) including DHL express shipping. Best I could find from US retailers was $1,500. That is a $355 savings.

Lots of good deals to be found overseas. Especially on SP and Apeks regs. This is why pretty much all my diving gear I have bought from EU or UK.

Where did you find a 4 pin Petrel 3 in the US? In the past Shearwater wouldn’t offer them to their dealers, you had to buy them through the CCR manufacturers. That was a big criticism one prolific SB poster had of Shearwater.

I got a 4 pin Petrel 3 with my new CCR. The display is so much brighter than my 2 and 4 year old Perdix AI.

I'm seeing premium masks for 50% off, Scubapro regs for almost 50% off, Bare dry suits for $1,000 less. I'm looking at a Bare wetsuit for the Roatan trip that retails here for $399, and it looks like I can get it for $215 shipped. That's at least 40% off.
Well that’s great, but it still does not answer my question.

Well that’s great, but it still does not answer my question.

Apeks regs are made in the UK, as far as I can determine. Not sure about SP. Wonder if that has any bearing on pricing. There also seem to be more consumer protection laws in Europe, which might play into it. Do they have MAP and all that crap we have in the US?

I guess the warranty issue would be related to whether the shop is considered an "authorized reseller".
Inside the US, this is illegal. Buying from some other country and importing yourself... I doubt that magnisun-moss applies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom