US Dollar and Buying from Overseas Suppliers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah I tried to buy a SP reg at like half off. Got all the way to checkout and got the hand on the shipping step.

do worry that my local shop will somehow be able to tell I got it overseas and refuse to work on it...

Very easy for them to find out but I don't think they will refuse to work on them, just charge you premium and NOT be covered by warranty :)

Yeah I tried to buy a SP reg at like half off. Got all the way to checkout and got the hand on the shipping step.

Yes @Marie13 is correct some online retailers obey the manufactures shipping region restrictions but others do not. You just have to shop around and find a retailer that will ship to the US (most of the ones I listed earlier do)

All my regs I have ordered from EU/UK dealers. Much much cheaper than buying in the US (especially when you talking about SP or Apeks). The best is if you can do it as a group order with some friends and buy several at a time and split shipping.

There are tariff numbers for water sports equipment and regulators/rebreathers that are duty free. Drysuits and wetsuits will get duty. Exposure protection is considered to be garments so they’re not eligible for the tariff numbers that are duty free.

Marsh brought in a rebreather within the past year that I gave him some advice on. That didn’t have any duty.
Marie, you mentioned the $800 cutoff in another thread. Do you know if that is the base bill or if it includes shipping etc?

Just received my new Apeks VX1 UV frameless mask from Jonas Dive Store in less than a week for $73 delivered compared to $190 retail in the states. That's impressive considering it came from Spain in less than a week. Amazing.

Just received my new Apeks VX1 UV frameless mask from Jonas Dive Store in less than a week for $73 delivered compared to $190 retail in the states. That's impressive considering it came from Spain in less than a week. Amazing.

Should have bought two lol

Back
Top Bottom