US Divers RENE Triple 33's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

avidhunter

Reaction score
I bought these tanks about 1970 or so. I used them twice and then my diving went international. Since it was always cheaper and more convenient to rent or borrow at my destination, I never took these tanks with me. As it turned out, I never again used these tanks. It was not planned that way, it just worked out that way. My health took me out of the sport early and now I would like to learn about my equipment before I try to off-load it.

What does RENE mean?

These are of course out of hydro but they have no rust (dirty yes, but no rust).

What can you tell me about his equipment?

What can you tell me is the approximate value range?
DSCF2098.jpg

Rene Buzzo was the owner of a sporting good store in California which became US Divers / Aqua Lung. He was the first successful importer of the Aqua Lung and basically stated US Divers. He got the exclusive right of importing the Aqua Lung from Air Liquide / Le Spirotecnique, but shortly after they stated building Aqua Lungs in the US.

Air Liquide / Le Spirotecnique ended up buying back the US Divers business… I think in the early 60’s.

The triples are becoming popular among vintage equipment divers.

I am personally interested.

I bought these tanks about 1970 or so. I used them twice and then my diving went international. Since it was always cheaper and more convenient to rent or borrow at my destination, I never took these tanks with me. As it turned out, I never again used these tanks. It was not planned that way, it just worked out that way. My health took me out of the sport early and now I would like to learn about my equipment before I try to off-load it.

What does RENE mean?

These are of course out of hydro but they have no rust (dirty yes, but no rust).

What can you tell me about his equipment?

What can you tell me is the approximate value range?
View attachment 67254

You are in extreme Danger if you use these tanks. They will KILL YOU.

As I care about your and your family, I will dispose of them for you.

I'll even pay for the shipping.:D

Rene Buzzo was the owner of a sporting good store in California which became US Divers

Wow, was that his real name? I don't speak Spanish, but isn't "Buzo" Spanish for (deep-sea) diver? I wonder if that is an assumed name or perhaps inspired him to become interested in the sport.

The others are correct about those tanks....just give me the address and I'll be right over to help you get rid of them.

Thanks,

Couv

You are in extreme Danger if you use these tanks. They will KILL YOU.

As I care about your and your family, I will dispose of them for you.

I'll even pay for the shipping.:D

:rofl3::rofl3: The real danger is getting caught in the crossfire between factions fighting over them. :)

Back
Top Bottom