us divers regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snuggle

Reaction score
i just bought 2 sets of us divers conshelf se2 regulators and and oceanic gauge set as well as a gauge set by parkway for 200.00 us both came with compasses as well..can anyone tell me if they have used these regs in the past and wether or not i got a good deal on them..thanks..

It's a good deal if they are in good shape and are not in need of extensive repairs and servicing.

I'd get them chaeked by an Agualung dealer.

As long as they are servicable you got a god deal, the SE2 is a great robust regulator.

Can ne one comment on a US divers Pro-diver regulator, Pros/Cons etc.?? I know they are about 2 yrs old right, but are they still a good reg. to have if just starting out. How does it compare to the Titan LX (I think that's the one, it's black and has the red aqua lung symbol on the front...sorry i'm not sure, used this kind for my training and really liked them).

thanks,

:spider:

The Pro Diver is a bit more than 2 years old if you have one. I think they were discontinued in the early 90's. It's got the same replaceable internal parts as the SEA, so parts kits should still be available. Aside from its funny shape, it's probably an okay reg if you got it cheap.

The second stage is identical to the SE-2, a tried and true workhorse.

Neil

neil:
The Pro Diver is a bit more than 2 years old if you have one. I think they were discontinued in the early 90's. It's got the same replaceable internal parts as the SEA, so parts kits should still be available. Aside from its funny shape, it's probably an okay reg if you got it cheap.

The second stage is identical to the SE-2, a tried and true workhorse.

Neil

This thread has been dormant for a while but I thought I'd repeat the info I found when I got a Pro Diver reg from eBay a few months ago. A gentleman at Aqua Lung told me that the Pro Diver is not supported anymore, which I take to mean that parts kits aren't available anymore. Sad too, because I took it into the pool and it breathes like a dream. It may be one of the few relatively recent USD/Aqua Lung regs to be orphaned by the manufacturer; as I understand it they are very good about supporting old regs, especially the Conshelf family. Good thing the second stage is still plenty supported.

cheers

Billy S.

Hey I bought a pro diver off ebay and my LDS was able to do a rebuild. Tech said it breaths great!! Haven't had the chance to check it out since TS Tammy nixed my dives while at Myrtle Beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom