Us Divers Mask??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope just a regular mask. It is tempered he just said that US Divers doesn't use good polyurethane so they can't handle deep water pressure.

Ask him to point out, on the mask, where there are any pressure differentials while scuba diving.

all good :D I just saw south florida so thought a bit more south hah. I live down the road from Divers Cove and go in there from time to time, nice people there. In your case up in that area tho I would just go elsewhere there are plenty of other shops in your area

nah I'd rather not mention the shop, It's up here in Fort Pierce / Port saint lucie; so being in FT Lauderdale I doubt you come up here often for dive gear :wink: lol. My main shop is the one my girlfriend does website work for and used to work at Diver's Cove down there. She's friends with everybody so I trust them. But these guys are 5 minutes from my house vs 2 hours :wink:

I understand - look what happens when you goggle "Fort Pierce / Port saint lucie scubapro": www.blueplanetdiveandsurf.com

lol I guess dive shops aren't fans of websites, if only one has a site! But that's not the shop. But I will be checking them out, they're even closer to me O_O.

You have renewed my faith. It is one thing to have an LDS run by a jerk - but a surf shop....

Nope just a regular mask. It is tempered he just said that US Divers doesn't use good polyurethane so they can't handle deep water pressure.

Sounds like you need a new instructor. Or the guy REALLY likes his mask squeeze :)

I understand - look what happens when you goggle "Fort Pierce / Port saint lucie scubapro": www.blueplanetdiveandsurf.com

Thanks Awap, I visited that place today and signed up for THERE class lol. Kirk said the mask will be fine for the cert, but once I get bit by the dive bug, it will be in the back of my closet before my first dive lol. Apparently it's too old and blocky. He's really cool, I like him a lot and his staff is very friendly! Just waiting for my PADI email with my login information to get started!!!

Hi Builtlikeabulldog the USD Hawaii 3 mask is a scubadiving mask. If it fits you face it perfect for diving. It was first produced in 1990 and sold until 2004 I believe.I think I still have one of the old US Diver catalog with the Hawaii 3 in it. The Atomic fin are one of the best fins out there and I like them over the rubber split fins because of the Atomic fin give alittle feedback, fastest start off and better maneuvering then the rubber split fins.

The mask you want is the one that FITS!

My buddy has an old US Divers mask and he is pissed he can't find a replacement. My Atomic doesn't fit his face right despite being a $100 mask. He apparently has a funky face and is having a very hard time finding a mask that fits.

So there is your answer, the mask that fits is the best one to dive with!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom