upper/ middle keys under $100 night...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dectek

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Have spent hours on the net looking. I didn't know this area was soooo expensive. $189 for a bed for the night is rediculous. You can go to an all-inclusive in Coz for less than $100 a day including Air-fare.
Anyone know of a motel or rental that is less than an uncle Ben in the keys? Besides the Hungry Pelican.
Feb 26-Mar 5
Just tried to book a private rental but somebody else was a tad bit faster for that week.

Dectek:
Have spent hours on the net looking. I didn't know this area was soooo expensive. $189 for a bed for the night is rediculous. You can go to an all-inclusive in Coz for less than $100 a day including Air-fare.
Anyone know of a motel or rental that is less than an uncle Ben in the keys? Besides the Hungry Pelican.
Feb 26-Mar 5
Just tried to book a private rental but somebody else was a tad bit faster for that week.

Cozumel is in Mexico... Key Largo... Florida... You can't really compare the two when it comes to pricing... Also Feb 26-Mar 5 is Spring Break time... You can try to find cheaper, but I don't think you will... perhaps you should go to mexico instead.

You might find a place in Florida City (about 25-30 minutes from Largo) that is closer to $100

If you dive with Quiessence, you can take advantage of their lodging/diving package. I went a few years ago and it was $79 per day, per diver and that included your diving AND your lodging. I'm sure it's going up some since then, but probably still a bargain. Check out their site....

www.keylargodiving.com

try the conch on inn, tavernier mm89

www.keylargodiving.com:
Our hotel/dive package is with the Bayside Resort located just a few miles south of us. Rates are based on double occupancy and include hotel accommodations, a two-tank dive trip each day of your stay (morning or afternoon), and rental tanks and weights. Rates vary at different times of the year, but range from $105 to $175 per person per night. (Minimum two night stay, with two days of diving). Rental gear is available for an additional fee

It certainly seems that the rates have gone up slightly

Diver Lori:
If you dive with Quiessence, you can take advantage of their lodging/diving package. I went a few years ago and it was $79 per day, per diver and that included your diving AND your lodging. I'm sure it's going up some since then, but probably still a bargain. Check out their site....

www.keylargodiving.com

We did a package through our dive shop where they booked this deal with Quiessence.

They put us up in the Bayside Resort, which is in the middle of key largo on
the "bay side" on the water. It's located almost across from the Holiday Inn,
but is hidden from the highway. think it's http://www.baysideresort.us

The rooms were nice, but nothing fancy. Tile floors in the rooms. Standard
hotel room. They have limited amenities though. the pool area was
kindy "wimpy". AC was nice and cold. rooms were VERY CLEAN. Also
wireless internet access or if you don't have a laptop I think they have
a computer in the office area to use. very simple continental breakfast
included. waterfront restaurant/bar next door called Snooks and a Japanese
restaurant that is onsite. Walking distance to Burger King, Mcdonalds, drug
store, gocery, and Divers Direct.

not a luxary hotel by any means, but I'd stay there again. Non divers
who want to sit by the pool all day though won't like their pool area though.

Sunsets from there were great though. (see this pic of sunset in my gallery http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/24760/ppuser/24248)

howarde:
perhaps you should go to mexico instead.

Can't... I would love to but, the in-laws are staying in Florida City. my wife was pushing for us to take a vacation with them a while back so she booked the flights but the circumstances have changed so we ARE NOT STAYING IN THE SAME RV with them for a week. I fear that I would be up for murder one by the end of the 9 days.
The wife is a non-diver so that kind of blows the package deals.
We are by no means ruling out staying on the Mainland!!!

Thanks for the Good Ideas so far!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom