upper chesapeake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HI Fiddler,

Welcome to Scuba Board. I don't have any personal experience with diving in that area, but there are several people on the forum from the Northeast area. I am sure someone will be along shortly to provide you with more detailed information, but in the meantime, I found 117 diving resources for the Massachusettes area at Scuba Directory. Maybe you can find something there that will help you out.

Thanks I'll check that out

Fiddler,
Lots of wreck diving along the Atlantic coast and one or two at the mouth of the Chesapeake, but haven't heard much about diving Upper Chesapeake (north of the Bay Bridge) at all. Probably not the best diving, but okay for practicing... There's a dive shop in Annapolis. and a bunch north of Baltimore (Aberdeen, White Marsh) that might be able to give you a better idea of what's around the area. I would imagine they make the 2hr drive to the NY/NJ/DE coast.

If you're on the Eastern Shore, rent a kayak from somewhere like Rock Hall and snorkel around the inlet and coves. Hell, bring a tank and make a dive out of it! Be careful of the boat traffic, and bring a line cutter.

If you're interested in exploring, let me know. I'm in N. VA, but a drive out to the Eastern Shore is always nice... probably want think about next season unless you've got a drysuit. If you'd like addresses / numbers to some of the shops, I can dig them up.

Good luck and let me know what you find!
Ken

PS- If you're in the DC area, there's a place called Millbrook Quarry that the locals frequent. It's about 20-30 miles outside of DC. If you're looking for a dive buddy, drop me a message.

I'll keep that in mind I do drysuit. I'm from the philly area but heard rumors of an old dumping site in havre de grace. I enjoy funky shore dives like that . Quarries are good practice but boring. Do a shore or river dive you never know what you'll find. If I'm ever headed your way I'll drop you a line. Same goes to you.

Fiddler

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom