Upgrading an Atomic T1x to a T2x?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for your opinion it really helps me see what I could be missing, and it sounds like not too much. What did they charge you to upgrade completely to the t2x? For 447 they only upgrade the 1 stage to monel and demand lever. I can understand 447 including an all new high flow t2 case but to just upgrade to nitrox swapable is absurd, I can find a used complete m1 for that price.

Alex

Sorry I can't recall the total cost for upgrading that particular Reg. I had 3 different Ti regs (a T1x, T2, & T2x) upgraded and serviced to the T2x standard at the same time. Needless to say it was an expensive deal. Titanium is the new gold!

Anyone have anymore updates on these regs? I have a T1x from 2001 and after a long break I am getting back in the water. Had the reg serviced, no upgrades. I do dive nitrox, but not over 40. it doesnt seem like any of these upgrades are critical, how are the regs working for everyone?

Anyone have anymore updates on these regs? I have a T1x from 2001 and after a long break I am getting back in the water. Had the reg serviced, no upgrades. I do dive nitrox, but not over 40. it doesnt seem like any of these upgrades are critical, how are the regs working for everyone?
T1x is perfectly adequate for as long as you own your reg. High flow 2nd stage case improvement is not noticeable without an ANSTI machine.
The only upgrade which should be considered mandatory is to the Jet seat piston.
If your 1st stage has a "tire" shaped bumper and you can see the six dimples in the titanium HP seat cap (opposite the swivel), you have an original piston. If you have a "dome-shaped" bumper on the cap which covers the entire cap, you've been upgraded to a Jet piston.
Even the Jet piston upgrade isn't mandatory if your reg doesn't whistle, and you have enough old style seats left over. If you want a few new old-style seats, PM me.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom