Updates on Fiesta Americana?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc Harry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does anyone have any new information on beach access at Fiesta Americana?
Is the beach side still off limits?

Does anyone have any new information on beach access at Fiesta Americana?
Is the beach side still off limits?
Stayed there Oct 23 - 30; the beach area is open for use BUT, no restaurants or amenities are available from FA. You can get a towel from the pool area and go over to the beach.

If you are diving they will pay you cab fare to/from the marina but you have to "remind" them of this responsibility. When you check in tell them that you are diving and they will tell you to come to the office every morning and they will bring cash to the taxi driver. It appears to be a very formal process as they ask your rm. # and the taxi driver must provide his name and other info. (no worries about rm. # as I was not charged at check out)

Upon returning; tell the taxi to wait while you get the concierge's attention and he will usually know what to do. I state it this way because the concierge may not be at the drop off and it may be another employee and they may not know about the arrangement. In this case tell them to get someone from the office.
In my five days I had to "remind" them two times and the office personnel was very accommodating.

Hope this helps

Isn't this supposed to be an AI resort? All the extra hassle does not sound like fun

Any good news for 2022? 'Was thinking about giving the FA a try, but it needs to be great.

Looks like no change everyday we go by there. No facilities open on beach.

I'm pissed off about that

I don't know why anyone would book there unless they just don't do any research and *assume* it's on the water so there will be beach facilities.

I don't know why anyone would book there unless they just don't do any research and *assume* it's on the water so there will be beach facilities.
We have Hilton points to go there. We've been there when the beach was open and have considered going now. But we keep choosing elsewhere ... the idea of having to get a taxi and all that ... ugh. Vacation isn't supposed to be that challenging.

It seems the beach is open with no amenities. Hopefully that changes, their family suite is great with kids. The Park Royal works but smaller “beach” area.

It seems the beach is open with no amenities. Hopefully that changes, their family suite is great with kids. The Park Royal works but smaller “beach” area.
They just need to pay off whoever needs to be paid off already!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom