Updates From Baghdad....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not want to say Thank You too much either...which might interrupt this thread. But I cannot say Thank You enough. Stay safe and we will look forward to your posts.

For the benefit of those among us who have not mastered Modern Warfare 101 yet...

Please explain what an EFP, REMF, VBIED etc. is? :huh:

El Orans:
For the benefit of those among us who have not mastered Modern Warfare 101 yet...

REMF = Rear Echelon MO-FO ( i.e. The support personnel that are not supposed to be on the front lines and the brass.)

I am assuming that VBIED is a newer term which stands for Vehicle Based Improvised Explosive Device.

I am assuming that VBIED is a newer term which stands for Vehicle Based Improvised Explosive Device.

Speaking of those, JB and his Marines no longer wear cammies, they wear sand colored fire-retardant jump suits, so that when they hit those, their clothes don't burn and they can get out of them quickly...thats the new thing.

Squalus, I'm sorry I have overlooked this thread and have just now discovered it.

I am so sorry for your losses. I have people over there, too, fighting, so it's very interesting for me to learn what you guys go through on a regular basis.

Keep your head down, my friend, and please stay safe. The world needs you.

Looking forward to more posts from you.

J, it is good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friends. Keep us posted on what's going on, plus it lets us know you're okay. :D

El Orans:

EFP is an explosively formed projectile or explosesively formed penetrator

it's a type of charge designed to penetrate armored vehicles. usually the bad guys will set them up at places were a vehicle has to stop or slow down, and detonate them, with the "warhead" for lack of a better term aimed at the vehicle. the "warhead" then penetrates the vehicle and does a great deal of damage.

OH-JJ got the other two

Keep the faith, boys and girls. Is there anything we can send to you? I can put together shipments...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom