Updates From Baghdad....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilldiver:
Here is a list of things suggested from my companies last Troop Drive.

Laundry Detergent (powder only)
Tuna or chicken pouches ONLY no cans
Easy Mac
Microwaveable meals
Pop Tarts
Twizzlers
Air Fresheners
Boot Insoles from sizes 10-13
DVD’s and CD’s
Snacks any kind
Beef Jerky
Slim Jims
Foot Powder
Sun Block
Microwave Popcorn
Mixed Nuts (Peanuts, cashews, almonds)
Hard Candy
Tooth Brushes and Tooth paste
Mouth wash
Plastic Zip Lock Bags
AA Batteries

Great list: address please.

Hi he posted it eairlier, shall we try to ship stuff together. I have a dozen toothbrushes donated...

SFC Joseph Powers
HHC 1-28 IN BN, 4th IBCT
UNIT 42532
APO AE 09361

CheddarChick:
Hi he posted it eairlier, shall we try to ship stuff together. I have a dozen toothbrushes donated...

SFC Joseph Powers
HHC 1-28 IN BN, 4th IBCT
UNIT 42532
APO AE 09361
I will send 13 sets this week. Maybe best to do it one on one.
These Men and Women can use a few small perks.

I'm going to hit Cosco tomorrow to see what there is.

ya'll are the best of the best

I would just like to remind all that not only are our fathers, sons, and husbands over there, but there are also mothers, daughters, and wives.

Sometimes the girls get overlooked and like the guys, most are in the 18 to 25 year range.

If a few would put together some feminine care packages, I'm sure that Joe can get it to the girls in his unit or near by.

Also, if you would like to do a bit more, here is one of the best non-mil groups. My brother and I have done this a few times and the individual troopers appricate it.

http://www.soldiersangels.org/

What you do is adopt a trooper and support that one guy/girl through their deployment. Not hard to do, mostly just someone to email/snail mail with and gives you a more personal touch.

Last, If you have some young kids, have them write a note or send a card addressed to "Any soldier."

Pete

El Orans:
Are your DVD players region restricted? IE only American DVDs?

No they are not restricted. Some that are lucky have bought some on the local economy. Funny, we saw "300" before it hit the states in the movie theatres.

Sorry that I could not be on the past two days, unfortunately we lost another one to a bullet. Today we did a simulated Mass Cassualty expercise, awesome stuff to clear out 20 patients in less than an hour of injury. My guys have been bored but, lately they have been put to work using thier skills that we have taught them. We have lost a few battles in caring for the wounded but, we will not give up. To date my Battalion has lost 6 personnel.

Back
Top Bottom