Updates From Baghdad....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you change your mind about the counter, I have one that I'm keeping track of your fly home date with. Let me know if you change your mind when you get a little closer.

Oh, I am closer and I am getting happier as each day passes. Keeping busy sure does make things roll by quicker. Soon I will be doing the happy dance, who knows what else I might do.

OBTW, they knead the bread dough with thier feet.....:lotsalove:
Oh, you can guarantee I will not eat at any of the resteraunts here as well. So far, I have dodged that bullet. BC: "Doc, you wanna go to this get together today?" ME: "Umm can't do it sir, got alot of things to get done, like giving the troops thier anthrax shots". "Oh and gotta order those medical supplies my guys need out there". And if that don't work there is always this one: "Gee sir would really love too but, I am the only one here to pull sick call for the ENTIRE Staff".

You know you have been in the Army to long, when your at the grocery store check out line and take a knee.:D

Something that I have noticed, it has gotten quiter here. I hope it is not the quite before the storm. Would be a shame, we have gotten them to the point of cleaning up thier neighborhoods and the streets. I think I even saw a herd of cattle the other day, these guys weren't eatting tin cans; like the horse I saw when I first got here. IMHO as each year passes that it does gradually shift to a better Iraq. The kids are even waving at us again :D that was unheard of a couple months ago. But still you have to be ever vigilant, you never know what they are up to. Now, is the time where hmmm I think in the vietnam era; guys with less than three digits wore all the flak vests they could and were very supersticious(sp?). Hmm I wonder if I could get them to give me enough sand bags to barricade the Aid Station???? Nah, not much time to finish it anyway.

The last few days of a deployment are always the worst for your mind to play tricks on you. It is good you're keeping busy and making the days pass by quickly. Both of my deployments wound up with me having nothing to do for a month my first tour then about 2.5 weeks for my second. Sitting around waiting is not a good thing as the days seem to just drag out even longer.

The last few days of a deployment are always the worst for your mind to play tricks on you. It is good you're keeping busy and making the days pass by quickly. Both of my deployments wound up with me having nothing to do for a month my first tour then about 2.5 weeks for my second. Sitting around waiting is not a good thing as the days seem to just drag out even longer.

The two weeks down time is about true for me, at least I got all my guys out ahead of me. Finishing up college courses now and some correspondence ones as well. I think next will be remedial college math, seeing I have to get ready for Mike's class when I get back. Speaking of that, anybody know where I can get bands for my doubles? I am getting to 95's, along with that my bar and regs. Already have my backplate and wing, got my computer on the way home.

Oh yeah, still nobody has figured out my BIG SECRETE :crafty:

you better not have forgotten the math. I would hate to have to show you again:D I still here waiting and for the time you are home safe and i can bust your butt in class or maybe we can go on a bike ride.
Seeya soon
Mike

Mike,
Will the bike ride consist of being chased by a Canadian Goose again? :D

You're getting married.

You're already home and just messing with us.

You've been elected president?

Am I getting warmer? :D

Ok, seeing that some of you have gotten close to what has happened in my life. I have hinted at it in here a couple posts ago and even pm'd some telling them what forums I don't go into anymore. So without further hesitation or suspense.......................................................
I, SQUALUS ON 22 JUNE 2007, IN THE SUNNY STATE OF FLORIDA, GOT MARRIED TO THE WOMAN OF MY DREAMS. THEREFORE I WILL NO LONGER BE A MEMBER OF THE SINGLE DIVER FORUM. OH AND YES SHE IS A DIVER(DO YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD MARRY A LAND LOVER?), AND NO I DID NOT MEET HER HERE ON THE BOARD!!!!

Ok, seeing that some of you have gotten close to what has happened in my life. I have hinted at it in here a couple posts ago and even pm'd some telling them what forums I don't go into anymore. So without further hesitation or suspense.......................................................
I, SQUALUS ON 22 JUNE 2007, IN THE SUNNY STATE OF FLORIDA, GOT MARRIED TO THE WOMAN OF MY DREAMS. THEREFORE I WILL NO LONGER BE A MEMBER OF THE SINGLE DIVER FORUM. OH AND YES SHE IS A DIVER(DO YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD MARRY A LAND LOVER?), AND NO I DID NOT MEET HER HERE ON THE BOARD!!!!

Woo-hoo! Conga-rats! So what do I win?

BTW, The Pub isn't the singles forum :wink:

Something that I have noticed, it has gotten quiter here. I hope it is not the quite before the storm. Would be a shame, we have gotten them to the point of cleaning up thier neighborhoods and the streets. I think I even saw a herd of cattle the other day, these guys weren't eatting tin cans; like the horse I saw when I first got here. IMHO as each year passes that it does gradually shift to a better Iraq. The kids are even waving at us again :D that was unheard of a couple months ago.

That is good stuff to hear. I wish the local news would put stuff like this out. Sadly, they don't, it is the total opposite, and everyone buys it. :shakehead: Actually, I wish local news would just go away.

Back
Top Bottom