Unwanted E-Mail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:hmmm: I am subscribed to 14,000 threads and receiving no emails.

:hmmm: I am subscribed to 14,000 threads and receiving no emails.

Do you want to? You will only receive e-mails if you're subscription is set to send e-mail notifications.

Do you want to? You will only receive e-mails if you're subscription is set to send e-mail notifications.
Nope, and no mine are set to No Email.

Like I need to be reminded to log in. :silly:

So can somebody please explain what "subscribed" means? I never intentionally subscribed to anything; all I was trying to do was read and post. Or do you have to be subscribed to a thread before you can post to it?

Your default setting is probly alread set so that you automatically subscribe to a thread when you post on it. This means that when a new post is made to the thread - even a year or more later, it will show up on your Subscribed Threads list of your UserCP (control panel) - the page I have bookmarked for SB, the page I always reenter SB on, the page I refresh on, so I will know when anyone makes posts after me on a thread that I posted on.

You can turn that feature off, but that would be odd, as reading subsequent posts on a thread is part of the discussion process.

Do some exploring. Click UserCP, then start click the links along the left side to learn your options. :)

I got more emails overnight. my CP shows I'm not subscribed to any threads (???)

Same here I check my setting last week and they were changed don't know how but they were. I had never rx notification in the past and then BOOM so I made the changes. Taday I got more and I just check my settings and they are OK. So why am I getting some notification in my regular e-mail????? must be GREMLINS.....

Same here, what I am getting are Forum Summaries, my settings seem fine so I am not sure why.

Same thing happened to me over the weekend. I got about 30 emails from SB. I just checked and my setting appear to be right. I do not have the notification box checked in my "subscribed threads" section.

I got more emails overnight. my CP shows I'm not subscribed to any threads (???)
Same here I check my setting last week and they were changed don't know how but they were. I had never rx notification in the past and then BOOM so I made the changes. Taday I got more and I just check my settings and they are OK. So why am I getting some notification in my regular e-mail????? must be GREMLINS.....
Same thing happened to me over the weekend. I got about 30 emails from SB. I just checked and my setting appear to be right. I do not have the notification box checked in my "subscribed threads" section.
What kind of notifications did you receive?
Forum or Thread?

Back
Top Bottom