Unwanted E-Mail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got 27 thread notifications last night as well... And I always mark that I don't want email updates.

the following is just the beginning of the e-mail

(subject) "8 divers wanted for 3 year contract in Dubai" update

Hello, You are subscribed to the thread "8 divers wanted for 3 year contract in Dubai" by Leny Day, there have been 4 posts to this thread, the last poster was bvmjethead.

Following that everything that was posted is listed from start to finish

I have been recieving thread updates.

What kind of notifications did you receive?
Forum or Thread?

threads, near as I can recall (since deleted, but they were distinct thread title notifications)

Please check all your thread subscriptions (we cannot do that for you).

It may be that you subscribed to a thread in the past.

Your current Default Thread Subscription Mode will only influence new threads.

Here's how you can set your existing threads to not send notifications.
SB_-_Change_notifications.jpg

I went through all threads last week and confirmed they were all set to no emails. Today I received 5 Forum updates, (these are the only kinds of updates I have been receiving), only happens Monday mornings.

I went through all threads last week and confirmed they were all set to no emails. Today I received 5 Forum updates, (these are the only kinds of updates I have been receiving), only happens Monday mornings.
Check your User CP. You can have both Thread and Forum notification. If you have Forum notifications, you'll see them at the bottom of your User CP.

Subscribed_Forums.jpg

Use the link indicated by the arrow to unsubscribe.

I may want to subscribe to the forum but don't want notifications. I guess I am just going to have to live with it.

I may want to subscribe to the forum but don't want notifications. I guess I am just going to have to live with it.
You can subscribe without notifications. Just unsubscribe, then subscribe again. It will let you choose whether you want notifications.

There is definitely something wrong with the system.

I opted not to get emails long ago, and that worked as expected until a couple of weeks ago. Now I get them every weekend, even though my settings still say that I am not to get email messages.

Even if I had my settings wrong and were to blame for that, there is still a problem because the notifications I am getting are dead wrong.

Most of the threads for which I received notification have not had recent postings. One of them has not had a post in many weeks. On the other hand, I am subscribed to several active threads for which I have received no notifications.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom