Unwanted E-Mail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the OP is still going to have to change the notification settings for any existing threads.

John

Had to look that one up- I've always called it a keyboard user interface problem.
Still had a typo - meant PEBKAC

I think the OP is still going to have to change the notification settings for any existing threads.

John
I don't think so. I think the one change will - as it says - be Default. Thereafter, one could change individual thread notifications on Thread Tools. Unsubscribe, then Subscribe with notifications.

Actually this morning I got 3 subscription notification emails, I never get them per my settings. I checked my settings and they are correct, yet somehow 3 slipped though.

Actually this morning I got 3 subscription notification emails, I never get them per my settings. I checked my settings and they are correct, yet somehow 3 slipped though.
Hmmmm, maybe there is a glitch? Maybe go to email settings, turn them on & save, then turn them off & save. :wink:

You need to change the setting on your existing subscriptions.

Quick Links >> Subscribed Threads.

Look at the notification type in the column on the right, select what you need to change and do that by using the dropdownlist at the bottom.

You need to change the setting on your existing subscriptions.

Quick Links >> Subscribed Threads.

Look at the notification type in the column on the right, select what you need to change and do that by using the dropdownlist at the bottom.

Nope not the issue, these are all subscriptions that in the past have shown up when I go into my control panel for my threads. Example this morning there were about 8 or 9 to view, but only these 3 slipped through. Again, these are all notifications for threads I have not received them for in the past.

I think it is a system glitch, but oh well, if I get more I can live with it, in this case I don't think it is user error (many times it is with me, but not this time)

EDIT, I have since receied 2 more, they are "updates", again not sure why I am getting them I have not gotten them for a very long time, as I set my settings so I wouldn't. Hmmmmm

happened to me too this morning...see related thread this forum.

I found that my settings were changed.. corrected that.

I think there was a system code change, other wise so many people would not have been effected.

this is the first time I've gotten such updates and I have been here since Dec. I did not make any changes to my account.

eta: OR, just thinking about it, the email notification never worked until last night!

iow, something on SB changed.

It is probably the latter. The e-mail notifications weren't working properly, and we fixed things over the weekend. (notice some new changes too) :D

Back
Top Bottom