Unwanted E-Mail

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is definitely something wrong with the system.

I opted not to get emails long ago, and that worked as expected until a couple of weeks ago. Now I get them every weekend, even though my settings still say that I am not to get email messages.
:huh: Your settings indicate "Weekly email notification". I cannot check your existing subscriptions without knowing your password.

Even if I had my settings wrong and were to blame for that, there is still a problem because the notifications I am getting are dead wrong.

Most of the threads for which I received notification have not had recent postings. One of them has not had a post in many weeks. On the other hand, I am subscribed to several active threads for which I have received no notifications.
Examples please?

:huh: Your settings indicate "Weekly email notification". I cannot check your existing subscriptions without knowing your password.

I have no idea how taht happened. When I originally signed on years ago, I had that setting, but I changed it probably two years ago. I suddenly started receiving notifications a couple of weeks ago.

Examples please?[/QUOTE]

I have dumped them, so I can't remember exactly. I know I got one Sunday telling me that there was a recent addition to a thread on how to teach disconnecting a low pressure hose.

I know that of the list of threads for which I received notifications on Sunday, only one or two described a true active thread.

I have no idea how that happened. When I originally signed on years ago, I had that setting, but I changed it probably two years ago. I suddenly started receiving notifications a couple of weeks ago.

El Orans:
Examples please?
I have dumped them, so I can't remember exactly. I know I got one Sunday telling me that there was a recent addition to a thread on how to teach disconnecting a low pressure hose.

I know that of the list of threads for which I received notifications on Sunday, only one or two described a true active thread.
Please send them to support@scubaboard.com should you receive them again.

One of them has not had a post in many weeks.
This may be caused by the addition of a post that got removed by a Moderator before you viewed the thread.

On the other hand, I am subscribed to several active threads for which I have received no notifications.
This may be caused by the thread notification setting.

However, I'd need to login as you to check that. I cannot do that without your prior authorisation.

If you want, we can remove all your subscriptions.

No need, thanks.

Let's see what happens now that I have once again removed the email notification check.

Check your User CP. You can have both Thread and Forum notification. If you have Forum notifications, you'll see them at the bottom of your User CP.

Subscribed_Forums.jpg

Use the link indicated by the arrow to unsubscribe.
Please check all your thread subscriptions (we cannot do that for you).

It may be that you subscribed to a thread in the past.

Your current Default Thread Subscription Mode will only influence new threads.

Here's how you can set your existing threads to not send notifications.
SB_-_Change_notifications.jpg
Don't forget to check your settings for new as well as existing notifications .

I don't necessarily want to unsubscribe from a thread, but I do not want the email notifications. We went through all of that last week in this thread, so I believe I have everything checked correctly. I was greeted by five email notifications this morning.

I give up. I just don't know how to stop that.

I don't necessarily want to unsubscribe from a thread, but I do not want the email notifications. We went through all of that last week in this thread, so I believe I have everything checked correctly. I was greeted by five email notifications this morning.

I give up. I just don't know how to stop that.
PM sent.

Don't know if it helps, but similar email notifications started a few weeks ago for me too. I checked the subscription options and set it to "no email notification." However, this did not stop the problem. Rather, older subscribed posts were still listed for weekly notification. This appears to be the disconnect--I don't mind seeing where I posted, but I don't want to be notified about new posts on those threads. There doesn't seem to be a universal override. I hope I have solved the issue by deleting all subscribed posts. I assume new posts causing a "subscription" will be associated with the "no email notification." We'll see.

Don't know if it helps, but similar email notifications started a few weeks ago for me too. I checked the subscription options and set it to "no email notification." However, this did not stop the problem. Rather, older subscribed posts were still listed for weekly notification. This appears to be the disconnect--I don't mind seeing where I posted, but I don't want to be notified about new posts on those threads. There doesn't seem to be a universal override. I hope I have solved the issue by deleting all subscribed posts. I assume new posts causing a "subscription" will be associated with the "no email notification." We'll see.
That is indeed the way vBulletin works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom