Unoffical Scubaboard Goliath Grouper aggregation dives Aug 21-2 and Sept 25-6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well looks like being too busy and putting off booking anything on Saturday hurt me as it looks like everything is sold out for the morning.

I guess I will load up my new scooter and perhaps visit BHB to see about learning how to use that on Saturday.

All the GG trips look booked for Saturday but Starfish has some space on the PM reef trip on Saturday. Narcosis out of Palm Beach also has space Saturday PM (I’ll be on that boat on Sat).

PM won't give me enough time to fill tanks and get a decent dinner before hitting the sack. Might as well get to try out my scooter, I've had it for a month now and it hasn't gotten wet.

We had two great dives today, quite a few grouper on both the Zion Train and on the MG-111.
Heard reports that viz was pretty good and the bait balls thick. Glad you guys had a good time!

Heard reports that viz was pretty good and the bait balls thick. Glad you guys had a good time!
The viz wasn't bad - maybe 40-50 on the wreck trek and MG111. Current was light North and the water temp was 84. Topside conditions were better than predicted. It was mostly a long-period 2-3 foot swell with a little wind chop on top. The GG's were around in decent numbers on the Zion (maybe 20), five or six on the rubble pile just to the East of the Ms. Jenny, and then another dozen or so in and around the Bonaire. On the MG111 all the action was on the North side of the barge where we saw 20+ GG's, lots of bait balls, and schools of jack and mangrove snappers. I only saw 2 or 3 GG's on Warrior Reef. Overall it was a great day on the water! I got to dive with both ManteeDiver and Jaaron82!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom